“True French style wines”

Amalthea Cellars Winery
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Atco
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I lived in Atco for 12 years and didn't realize what I had under my nose.
This isn't your normal Jersey fruit wine. This is REAL wine the way its supposed to taste.
Great place to relax during the summer for a picnic.
I highly recommend the Europa wines as they compare to high priced French wines.
Also, all their wines are made to age so they get better every year

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Believe it or not, New Jersey has some great wineries and Amalthea is one of the best. My wife and I recently visited in late September and the place was buzzing with harvest activity. The cellar tour is fun and informative. The wines are superb, rivaling the best of California and Bordeaux. I enjoyed the 2009 Cabernet Franc, and bought several bottles. We also enjoyed the Europa wines which the owner Lou patterns after great Bordeaux wines. A great way to spend a couple hours, plan to visit a few other nearby wineries on the NJ Wine Trail.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I like wine. A lot. And we have visited several wineries in NJ that produce just okay wine. But Almathea is a step above. Their Cabernets and Pino Grigios are top notch, not just for NJ, but among anywhere. We went to a blind taste testing event here and were amazed when compared to French wines that Almathea's were superior in several cases. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

As mentioned in another review, I'm fairly NEW to the "serious" side of wine... :)
So with some seasoned vet friends, and my partner... we hit the NJ Wine Trail not that long ago...
I believe Almalthea was our first stop, and one of our last - in the same day! The Winery itself was so cozy, so comfortable and cute... I really just wanted to nestle up and never leave! Our first tasting was a total delight, with a super educated gal guiding us on our journey... needless to say, based on what we tasted, we left with SEVERAL bottles. We returned for the VIP tasting and journey downstairs amongst the barrels – and REALLY had a great time. Our "guide" was a vibrant, young, incredibly knowledgeable gal that was just a TREAT to listen to and learn from... We had cheeses paired up with certain wines, special wines, you name it. I'll know more and be able to 'say' more as I get better at this (wine journey), but I can tell you this is one Winery you need to hit up and make your very own favorite. A unique, cozy, incredible gem... just as our good friend promised it would be!

1  Thank 2010_SS
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was in the section of the Winery that was reserved for private wine and cheese parties. We were all gathered there for a fund-raising 'cause', and the event is held annually there. Service is excellent, including the fact that the wine is pressed and aged from their locally-grown vineyard. Nothing negative to say about it.