“I wish we could award six stars”
Review of Taparazzi

Taparazzi
Ranked #40 of 384 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Description: Restaurant located in the heart of the old town of Santa Marta in a colonial house. They serve Mediterranean food winthin an international atmosphere from lunch to diner. They offer as well a large range of coctels, imported wines and traditional beers.
Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

Alessandro is behind a brand new brilliant fusion restaurant in Santa Marta. He's just north of popular Parque de los Novios by two minutes. We had the best flank steak in years and shareable apps with so much flavour and color it was incredible. It's a tiny place, seats maybe thirty people at full capacity and it's intimate. He came out frequently to chat with his customers and get feedback (all positive) from diners.

I'm a beer guy, so it was great to see one of the wider selections of craft beer in town. His wine menu was totally reasonable too.

We nearly went back for a second visit but it was Alessandro himself that talked us out of it and encouraged us to visit Ouzo instead. He wanted us to try more offerings from Santa Marta chefs. Who's that selfless these days? What a guy.

All the best, friend. Hope you're a full house every night.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed February 10, 2016 via mobile

Reasonable price. Cerdo picante no muy picante pero delicioso. And what a excellent gin tonic! Wow. Have to return next week.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed February 8, 2016

Went to taparazzi after seeing good reviews on tripadvisor. We were very disappointed. For starters the menu isn't even tapas. My boyfriend had a fish dish which he said was not very nice and looked like soup. I had steak which had a rancid taste accompanied by grilled vegetables which were very plain and covered in oil. I left quickly without complaint because I felt sick. I would not recommend this restaurant

Date of visit: January 2016
Taparazzi S, Gerente at Taparazzi, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

Dear Madam,

We are very sorry to hear your experience with Taparazzi.

Your comments are out of space, our fish dish do not look at all as a soup as they do not contain special liquid sauce. Our beef come from Argentina where the meat is matured, maybe you have too much experience with industrial tasteless fast food and are not used anymore to genuine flavours.
And maybe that s why you left so quickly, but obviously without saying a word face to face as we speak english for you at Taparazzi.
Best regards

Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

Our first night and we had no idea of what to expect in Santa Marta after our three days in Cartagena. Taparazzi is a very casual and welcoming spot. We started with the plantain chips which were really good - and great with a Mojito. I had the grilled chicken and my husband had the pulled pork. Both were tasty and perfectly prepared. The chicken comes with grilled vegetables that were great. Roasted vegetables accompanied the pork and they too were delicious. What began as an ordinary evening changed when a table of six friends sat down next to us. Two had their guitars, and before long music filled the room. We felt like we had been transported to another place! How lucky we were to have an evening in Santa Marta with great food and music!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed January 15, 2016

I really recommand this place to whom wants to refresh his mind with the finest flavors of the mediterranean food, the argentinian meat cooking secret and the spanish tapas.
My friends and i have been welcome with profesionalism and friendship. Thanks to the best gin tonic of santa marta.
Nice place, great food & cocktails, great people, fair price.
I just missed the fresh Sangria.
Fred