“Excellent!”

Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Santa Marta
Miami, Florida
“Excellent!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Our stay was more than what we expected. Hotel staff were friendly, attentive and very helpful resulting in an amazing experience. Location was ideal to enjoy evening activities at the plaza. Accommodations were comfortable and very clean. Great experience.

• Stayed February 2014
Jacob_Schwarz, Propietario at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing us. Our goal is for everyone to leave pleasantly surprised, and we're so happy that we achieved that with you. We hope that you return to visit us again, and if so, remember to call or email the hotel directly for the best discounts and promotions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just arrived home from Colombia - we only spent one night at the Casa de Leda but it was lovely.
The hotel is beautiful and a great location. The staff helped us arrange and suggest options for the next part of our trip.
I'm a travel agent and would not hesitate to send any of my clients or family to a Kali Hotel. It's my second time to Santa Marta and this boutique hotel was fantastic.
Thank you!!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor but it was lovely. The suite at the top looked incedible!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jacob_Schwarz, Propietario at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to review us! It is such a pleasure to hear from people who were truly impressed by the Kali Hotel experience. It is our goal for every guest to leave feeling pleasantly surprised by their stay, and are elated that we succeeded with you. We hope to see you again soon, or you send us some friends and family! Remember to book directly with the hotel for great promotions and discounts.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent four nights here and it was just perfect. The room was so cute and charming, and most importantly very clean. The service was outstanding and for the first time I was at a place where I wanted to tip them so much but they would not take tips. The staff was so friendly and helpful and made our stay even better. Breakfast on the rooftop terrace was lovely and the cold pool was quaint and great way to cool off. I would recommend this place to anyone and it was a highlight of outer trip.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Casa de Leda. Thank for you highlighting the quality of our team. It was a big project to design and build the hotel, but no matter how many details are placed in the building, they mean nothing without a dedicated team. We hope to welcome you here again soon!
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Let me just say that my experience Could have been rotten. With the staff and wonderful management of the Kali Hotels, my experience was absolutely wonderful. I had found out that I was pregnant two days before I was to leave on business to Santa Marta, Colombia. The flights were brutal. By the time my boss and I had made it to the hotel, I was physically and emotionally dead tired.
We arrived at the first hotel Casa Isabella, with beautiful colors, friendly smiles and wonderful welcomes. Once there we sat on the terrace to relax while we waited for our room. We arrived at 10am and check in is at 3pm. After a few minutes I stared feeling dizzy and nauseous. I went to the front desk, the man spoke great English, and asked if there was anywhere I could lay down. He explained our room was not ready. Then I informed him that I was pregnant and dizzy. Then this Wonderful woman Ana walked over because she could see that I was not ok. He informed her that I was pregnant, dizzy and nauseous. She scurried away to return very quickly saying, in Spanish, that she had just cleaned a bed in a vacant room and wanted me to go lay down and that I could use that room until my room was ready. She hovered over me like a mother.
I have never in my life had such a great experience with a hotel and staff as I did at Casa de Isabella. In addition to all this, the next day we wanted to try their other hotel Casa de Leda, which was only a block away from Isabella (both part of Kali Hotels). The hotel staff transferred our luggage as my new room was available in the other hotel. This hotel is also amazing and the owner Jacob was extremely helpful. There was a booking error in regards to our hotel room and without hesitation Jacob had fixed the problem and set me up in a very nice, single person, room for accommodations. If you are ever traveling to Santa Marta and you know you will not be spending a lot of time in your room. Ask for the ‘single apartment room’ on the second floor. It is small but ever so perfect. The bathroom is upstairs and it is all beautifully designed.
Their complimentary breakfast choices are all wonderful but I would definitely recommend the pancakes. I don’t know what they do to make theirs special but they are very delicious and fluffy. The staff, owners and even the night crew are all amazing. You can use both pools at either hotel even if you only stay in one hotel or the other your entire trip. And honestly besides my “adopted mother Ana” the second best thing was this future momma asked for fresh orange juice at 11pm and they made it for me.
The next time I go to Santa Marta I know exactly where I am staying and I would, without a doubt recommend The Kali Hotels to Everyone!
Elizabeth Cardiel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We are so glad that we were able to make your experience truly special. It is unfortunate that you ended up traveling under the circumstances, but we were very happy to make your stay as comfortable as possible. It was great to get to know you a little, and I wish you all the luck. Next time you are in the area, I sincerely hope you find the time to visit us in Santa Marta! Don't forget to book directly with the hotel for great discounts and promotions.
Nantucket, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This boutique hotel In Santa Marta two blocks from all the restaurants in the historic district came as a incredible surprise. The rooms are fantastic each with their own identity quirks wifi very strong front desk great with English and the owner always floating around checking on your stay. THe upstairs lounge slash patio looks right at the oldest church in South America. We couldn't be happier we chose casa de Leda and for where you are the price and treatment it was five stars in relative terms.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you so much for this amazing review. It was nice to hang out with you a little bit and hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable. We are very proud to offer Casa de Leda and are so happy when our hard work pays off with a happy guest. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is my second time going to Santa Marta and this is definitely what it needed. Casa de Leda is a small boutique hotel in the center of Santa Marta that has five star amenities. The staff treated us like royalty. The food was delicious and one of the owners even had time to sit down and speak with us. I would definitely highly recommend this hotel to anybody. If you have a chance to stay at their sister hotel Villa Maria, it's a private retreat that is absolutely amazing. Thanks Jacob and Brian for making our stay special. We'll see you next year!!

• Stayed January 2014
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thanks a lot for leaving this nice review. We are so proud of our hotel, and really appreciate when someone speaks well of what we are trying to build here. We are glad you found us for your second trip here, and that you will have many more trips to Santa Marta to enjoy our hotels and the surrounding area. Remember to book directly with us for great discounts and promotions!
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel is one of the best in Santa Marta I have stayed at. It is a little boutique hotel in the centre of the city, just 2 blocks from Parque de los novios. The rooms are very nice with open bathroom & amazing shower. You have free Wifi in the room and can watch loads of movies (free of charge)...
Special thanks to Eder and Francisco for the amazing service, this really made the difference and my stay just that little bit extra special.
Can highly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here. We are proud to offer lots of complimentary extras, like WiFi, movies, a spa with steam room, and juice and coffee. Eder and Francisco are very pleased they made an impression on you. Thanks for mentioning them. We hope to see you again soon! Remember by booking directly with the hotel, we offer great discounts and promotions.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Marta
Hotel Boutique Don Pepe
Hotel Boutique Don Pepe
#6 of 67 in Santa Marta
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hotel
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hot...
#1 of 3 in Tayrona National Park

Been to Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel? Share your experiences!