“Beautiful Hotel”

Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Santa Marta
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, decoration is amazing and the rooms are really nice. Wonderful staff, I don't remember the name of the person that took care of us at breakfast but he was a really nice gentleman. He was very proud of the hotel and gave us a tour, you can tell he loves that place. Casa Leda is a perfect of example of great taste, amazing decoration and stunning rooms. Hopefully I can come back

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
brian_sutcliffe, Owner at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thanks for the great review and the gentleman you speak of is Francisco and he is a great asset and proud employee. He was at Casa de Isabella but we moved him here upon opening as we wanted to make sure we had consistancy.

We hope you can come back soon and remember to book directly with us and ask about discounts for our returning guests.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I came to Santa Marta with my family, and we had a wonderful time at Casa de Leda.

My husband had to travel to Colombia for business, and he brought me and my two kids (Emma, age 6 & Jake, age 8) along with him.

We had a wonderful time at this hotel, so here are my thoughts about it:

PROS:
The staff is wonderful. We arrived on a Monday afternoon, tired from a long day of travel, and the staff was extremely accommodating the second we walked in the door. The offered us fresh juice, helped us take our bags to the room, and were extremely friendly.

The hotel is gorgeous. You wouldn't expect it based on the facade, but the hotel is beautiful, tall, and quiet. The ceilings are all very high, and there is an open feeling about the hotel in general that makes it feel peaceful. There are lots of gorgeous plants and the views from the terrace are lovely.

Breakfast was great. My kids loved the pancakes.

The staff offered us many suggestions of things to do in the city, and that was very helpful.

I spent some time at the spa while my husband swam with my kids at the pool. It was very relaxing and a real treat.

CONS:
The city wasn't the best place for my kids after a few days, but that's not the hotel's fault. They even suggested for us to go to Villa Maria, which was a fantastic idea.

We thoroughly enjoyed this trip, and I hope we can come back to Colombia again soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Vanessa T

Thank you for this wonderful review and also the review of Vill Maria. We really are trying to offer a complete vacation package for our guests and soon will be adding a Cartagena extension to Kali Hotels. I am delighted to see our desk recommended Villa maria as it is a great place that will make a vacation "Perfect" with the balance of el centro and the wilderness of the jungle and ocean. Remember we have 24 hotel services at Villa Maria and no minimum stay requirements. It really is a must do if coming to Santa Marta.

Please book directly with us at Casa de Isabella of Casa de Leda for best rates and service. We do not book Villa Maria via 3rd parties as we want to offer as an amenity to our guests if possible.

Thanks again!!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is nice regarding accomodations. The street it is on needs rebumping to bring to a better status for the price if the hotel. It is a street next to a central avenue with lots of street sellers. There is no lunch or dinner service but the breakfast is good. Nearby you could get all sort of restaurants from a 4 dollar meal to a 35 dollar value. The situation of the hotel allows to do by foot a view of various historical sites. Overall I like the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Crparra

Thank you for your feedback and I would like to comment on some of the remarks. We do not control the streets and it is govermental department from Bogota which I agree is a totally inadequately run as they have done next to nothing in helping along the redevelopment of el centro.

Regarding price we have been priced on a special for we are just open and trying to gain clientele. The rates which are offered if you book directly with were $150,000 pesos a night at the time of your stay. If you used a booking agent you may want to book with us directly on your next stay as we are priced well below market and have actually been barely breaking even at a high occupancy. We will be raising prices soon.

Once again as a reminder to all please book directly with hotel and not with 3rd parties. We can offer more services for same price.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently stayed two nights at the Leda - it was not long enough. In addition to overall staff friendliness, the stunningly decorated room was actually difficult to leave. Highest caliber wooden furniture and trim, soaring ceilings, exotic shower fixtures. And then add the little things: like the lemonade that was just offered and brought to me as I was waiting longer than expected for a taxi pickup.

1  Thank skeehop
brian_sutcliffe, Owner at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thanks for the great review. We hope you can return soon and remember to book direct with us and get best rates and specials like airport pickup! We are really working hard to have guests book with us directly as we operate on such small margins. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent hotel. Lovely, helpful staff. Good location. Really enjoyed staying here. A good choice for a bit of a luxury stay. In Europe I reckon this would cost 5 times as much. The pool is inside - kind of in the foyer. They have a roof terrace where you have breakfast, which is nice. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
brian_sutcliffe, Owner at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for the great review and also please remember to book direct with us and get free airport pickup and better rates. I agree that we are priced below market rates but we are new and we hope that in time as we prove our value is incredible. We really look at this as a long term project and believe that in time quality service and accommodations will be worth it.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel is absolutely stunning. Rooms are cozy, comfortable and high-tech. After arriving from a trek to the Lost City it was more than luxury for me basking in the delights of this wonderful place. The staff is helpful and welcoming. Still there is one suggestion I have to make. The hotel has chosen not to run a restaurant - which I fully understand. However, they could make - actually given the sophistication of this place they SHOULD make an effort in working on a menu of gourmet sandwiches and perhaps some snacks and salads. I arrived tired and didn't want to go out, so they made me a sandwich composed of two pieces of flabby toast bread with just a slice of cheese in the middle. I find that this is just not acceptable for a hotel of this calibre.
Another suggestion for travelers - please stay more than one night. The place is too gorgeous. You will never want to leave again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the wonderful review and feedback! You are correct that we did not want to manage a restaurant however after your review and numerous requests from guests wanting to enjoy the evening on the terrace we have decided to offer a limited menu. It really is a staffing issue as we only have 10 rooms but we have decided too many guests want this service and we must accommodate. So we have our own bread machine and will offer fresh bread along with a menu of Lomo Fino with italian vegetables, grilled chicken with italian vegetables and a vegetarian plate. We will expand with some sandwiches and of course we will continue with the full bar on terrace. Wish us luck and we hope guests enjoy as we will begin service in 1 week.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

It's easy to see that the owners of this hotel put a lot of thought into the design and construction of this hotel - everything about it is fantastic. We originally booked at the owner's original hotel, Casa de Isabella, and were transferred to this hotel. Although we weren't sure what we were in for, in the end we were very happy we had the chance to stay at this amazing hotel!

The location of Casa de Leda is walking distance to the great restaurants, the rooms are big and extremely clean, the shower is state-of-the-art, and the balcony makes for a great place to hang out, take pictures of the cathedral, and eat breakfast each morning. We also discovered there is a flat screen with Netflix and free movies (great if you need a quick travel break or to pass a rainy day) in the rooms, and one night when we took a swim in the pool, they projected a slide show of great photographs on the wall while we were swimming, which made for a very cool experience. All the people that work here are very nice; if you don't speak Spanish you can always ask for the owner who is from New Jersey but we got along just fine with our somewhat limited Spanish.

The only negative I would say is that we stayed in a room right off the balcony so it might be a bit loud for some. They play music until about 11:30pm and then start serving breakfast around 6:30am. It did wake us up a bit but we were so happy with the place overall that it really didn't bother us much. I would highly recommend staying at Casa de Leda! Not to be missed!

1  Thank JennG917

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate your comments and when I read about the music it was a bit disturbing. The music (soft lounge) is to be only played at a moderate volume from 10am-10pm. This was a case of someone not doing their job and I am investigating. It has been discussed with reception and of course volume must be at a moderate level. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and it will be corrected.