“Happy i dived with Nautilus!”

Nautilus Dive Center
Moosbach, Germany
“Happy i dived with Nautilus!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I did my naui, open water diver there. I was very happy with the instuctor, Omar in my case. Looks like he lives for diving and is happy to teach the students. Also the rest of the stuff is nice. The equipment for diving, the boar, etc looked good and save to me. To stay at the cabana is a very nice experience. On one day it was only the cook and me out there. The place is quiert, the food is good, you have a private beach, Perfekt to stay for too, three days and relax or learn for the exam. I can recommand this school to everyone, and i think the price is realy good too.

Visited February 2014
NautilusDiveTaganga, Owner at Nautilus Dive Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2015
Thank you for visiting Nautilus Dive Center in Santa Marta.

We’d be grateful if you would review us on TripAdvisor. It’s the world’s largest travel site, helping millions of visitors every month plan the perfect trip.

Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' reviews before booking their own visits. And we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve.

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The great nautilus family ”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one week to do my Naui (open water and advanced).
The cabana is a really nice spot to relax after diving. I had Omar as instructor he's a really good teacher, I really enjoyed the course, its more than a dive center it's like a big family. After this course I knew everybody and I had really good time with them during the course but also during free time.

Rithy

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“They have a pretty good deal going on where you can stay at their cabana for free overlooking the water when you dive with them.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We were sold by the free night at their cabana and the multi lingual guides. Upon arriving in the morning ready for our organised dive, we sat in the office, overlooked by everyone. Nobody acknowledged us until the boat was ready to leave, we did get an apology. We left on time, but that was pretty much the end of any organisation that one may expect with diving. My partner's mouthpiece of her reg broke in her mouth after descending the first time, she did the whole dive with her secondary. Our dive master was going so fast we just stayed at a steady pace to enjoy the beautiful corals and fish, and we would find him later waiting for us. Our first dive we went up with over half a tank each. Our 2nd dive much the same, reg fixed, overzealous divemaster, beautiful things to see, 45 mins, just under half a tank, get told to go up, dm was sucking on our secondaries as he was out of air. Maybe because he thinks its a race through the water. Other people have told us much better service and equipment elsewhere. The cabana is quite a good treat, sleeping in hammocks or tents overlooking the ocean. They have a great cook there for you but it is expensive, they told us 10-15000 but we actually paid 25000 per meal.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank toohotty
Hello,

Thanks for the comment, we are working to improve ourselves, tell us how can we improve our services?.

Have a nice day and thank you for choosing us.
Long Beach, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quite Pleased”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

A woman I met in Cartagena suggested that, if I was going to do an open water scuba certification, I should do it with Nautilus in Taganga. After speaking with Omar, one of the dive instructors at Nautilus, I was convinced I wanted my first level of certification to focus on safety, so I chose to go with NAUI. Omar is an excellent instructor! He is bilingual in Spanish and English, very clear, demonstrative, and easy to understand. He is also patient, kind, and has an infectious laugh. I was lucky enough to have one on one instruction on my first day, and I was able to witness Omar's effectiveness with larger groups, as well. While out on my second dive, I forgot an important step, which caused me to panic, and Omar was quickly and skillfully able to right my situation and calm me down. From that point on, the experience was quite blissful. Additionally, I was able to stay two nights at their cabana, the launch point and chill spot about a 25 minute boat ride outside of Taganga, as part of the price of the certification, which was quite reasonable already. For two nights I was one of two or three people doing the same. It was a wonderfully tranquil experience, mostquitos notwithstanding. This spot is situated in such a way that you can sit and watch the most beautiful sunsets and, if you're lucky, be entertained by awesome lightning storms. Steve, the resident cook and keeper of the grounds at the cabana, was wonderful in making sure you were fed, and never mind worrying about anything. Steve was there to say, "tranquilo, amigo." I did five dives in three days, had a wonderful time with wonderful people from various parts of the world and wouldn't have it any other way.

Visited August 2013

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Recommendable course!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My and my friend both followed the "Open Water PADI" course for three days and enjoyed it a lot. Our instructor (Mauricio) was super, he was very professional, helpful and gave us a confident feeling while diving. The course is offered at a very good rate compared to other locations on our planet.

We didn't expect too much of the Coral and the fish having done numerous snorkling over beautiful Coral in Panama amongst others, but we were positively surprised. Other people reported having seen sea turtles as well, while we had seen squid, octopus, lobsters, murenes and many other spiecies of fish.

We slept for one night at the School's premises within Tayrona, which we enjoyed a lot as it was really relaxed (literally nothing to do here but snorkling and relaxing). I read someone reporting that they may have been robbed here, but I lost my Phone here which the guy immediately came bringing back to me, we felt safe here! Do note that it is very basic, which we didn't actually mind.

Anyway! I would advice anyone to follow the course here, and specifically to ask to follow it with Mauricio who is an excellent instructor and native English speaker!

Visited July 2013