“Recommendable course!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Recommendable course!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My and my friend both followed the "Open Water PADI" course for three days and enjoyed it a lot. Our instructor (Mauricio) was super, he was very professional, helpful and gave us a confident feeling while diving. The course is offered at a very good rate compared to other locations on our planet.

We didn't expect too much of the Coral and the fish having done numerous snorkling over beautiful Coral in Panama amongst others, but we were positively surprised. Other people reported having seen sea turtles as well, while we had seen squid, octopus, lobsters, murenes and many other spiecies of fish.

We slept for one night at the School's premises within Tayrona, which we enjoyed a lot as it was really relaxed (literally nothing to do here but snorkling and relaxing). I read someone reporting that they may have been robbed here, but I lost my Phone here which the guy immediately came bringing back to me, we felt safe here! Do note that it is very basic, which we didn't actually mind.

Anyway! I would advice anyone to follow the course here, and specifically to ask to follow it with Mauricio who is an excellent instructor and native English speaker!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Leon D
NautilusDiveTaganga, Owner at Nautilus Dive Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2015
Thank you for visiting Nautilus Dive Center in Santa Marta.

We’d be grateful if you would review us on TripAdvisor. It’s the world’s largest travel site, helping millions of visitors every month plan the perfect trip.

Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' reviews before booking their own visits. And we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve.

Taganga, Colombia
“So happy I did diving with Nautilus!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I really loved doing my Open Water license in Taganga with Nautilus. I did it with Naui which I would highly recommend. The teacher was extremely knowledgeable and had many years experience diving. Although I was a bit scared at first about what was awaiting me, he made me feel safe and secure the whole time. You get to stay (for free) in a cabaña in Tayrona National Park as well - which was a very tranquil, relaxing experience - exactly what you want after a long day of diving.

Over I'd recommend this school to anyone and am seriously considering coming back in a few years to do my advanced licens here as well.

Visited July 2013

Takapuna, New Zealand
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“awesome dive experience”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We took our NAUI open water certification with Nautilus. Omar was an awesome instructor! Not only was the diving a great experience, but the company has a nice cabana to stay at in between dive days that´s included in the cost! Only one other company in Taganga offers this, but after seeing their cabana, I would only stay at Nautilus. This was so nice sleeping in hammocks and listen to the waves crash, away from the city, relaxing in Tayrona. Great experience!

Visited June 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place and the staff are awesome”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I had not done any serious diving until I dove with nautilus last week.

Fantastic crew who work there made me feel very safe and welcome.

While doing my Padi course I also stayed at their cabana in Tayrona parque for free. One of the best places to watch the sun set I have been to

Highly recommend everyone there

Thanks guys see you soon

Visited April 2013

Lyon, France
“Great Dive Center”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

In the last 4 days, we have made our NAUI certification in the Nautilus Dive Center with my girlfriend.
The staff was very friendly and very professional. The material is of good quality and meet the standards of dive. Besides, price are cheaper than others dive center.
Big up to Omar, a very friendly man, who was our diving teacher during 4 days.
We will keep an excellent remember of this dive week in Taganga.

Visited April 2013