“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Placita Burger Bar
Ranked #33 of 273 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I am a burger enthusiast and this was the second best I've ever had! (The first is from my hometown, Caxias do Sul.) please, go! It is delicious!

Visited August 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
“The Best Experience in Santa Marta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just to make short and sweet, it is the best restaurant in Santa Marta, Colombia.
The Chefs Juan and Andres make the dinning experience unique and unforgettable. The hamburgers are so big and tasty that you have to comeback and have a different one every day of your stay in Santa Marta, you don't want to miss out. My favorite is the Tayrona.
Also, I recommend the Chandoso, is hugeeee.:)

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best burgers I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

My boyfriend and are are something of burger connoisseurs - in fact just before Christmas we spent every Friday going to each top class burger place in our hometown of London because we love them so much and have our own views on the best (in London it is Meat Liquor btw)!!!

Having had cravings for a decent burger we headed to La Placita after reading the other reviews - we were not let down, in fact it was one of the best burgers we have ever had, made especially good by the fact that this is the first decent burger I have had with plenty of taste but that grease does not drip down your hands.....wow!!!

We ended up eating at La Placita Twice. The first time we had a Mexican Burger and a Blue Cheese burger to share - this was a feat in itself as my boyfriend does not normally share food but prefers to stick to his own dish. Both were amazing, cooked perfectly and very tasty but we preferred the Mexican because we like spice. My boyfriend had a Martini but it was too strong for me so he had mine and I had a rum and coke. We even had dessert which is pretty unheard of for us, he had the brownie which was gorgeous and I had the lemon tart and they even did that a great justice!

The second time we went was a Monday and it was closed so we went back another day. We had a Mexican each and shared a hot dog because we were keen to try it but it was way too much food really, plus I wasn't as keen on the hot dog. We also had a strawberry and lemon juice with vodka each which was really lovely.

Both times the staff were lovely and the service was excellent.

It is only a little place but has a great atmosphere and the food speaks for itself!

All in all the best restaurant in Santa Marta and well worth a visit if you have any liking for burgers!!!

Bogota, Colombia
“Great Place, Amazing Food and Impeccable Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Is an amazing place with great food for any and all situation! It's a must if you go to Santa Marta. The Chefs let every one know about their expertise and great food, along with a very nice and cold beer. If you are looking for a great burger this is the place to go.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best burgers I've ever had!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The place is small and modest, very casual. Light AC, which is important here. Not the best value for a burger, but delicious. I don't recall the name of it, but the biggest burger on the menu is the best. I also had the Placita burger. It was delicious too, but not as delicious as the biggest. The bacon was just right, the bun was good, the burger was juicy, and seasoned just right.
The burgers are very thick. If you're afraid of a little pink, ask for it well done. Mine was pink, but good and I didn't mind.
The potato skins are not what you expect if you're an English speaker. They're wedges, not skins. I preferred the Yuca fries, but the 'skins' were still good.