“Original, delicious, brilliant!”

Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

THESE GUYS GET IT.
This place completely changes your point of view towards how a hamburger should be done.
With a great brand concept, location and mind blowing taste, La Placita Burger Bar is the place to go!

There are newer reviews for La Placita Burger Bar

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely superb burgers. Have been to 42 states in America and sampled hundreds of burgers from all over the world. This was a quality burger. Great super hot fries, juicy pure meat patty, good ingredients, quick service. This place is awesome!!! Eat eat eat. You wont get a better burger in colombia. Trust me. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Placita was a new experience for me, I had tried other gourmet burger joints in the United States (Flip Burger & Shake Shack, absurdly overpriced) and other countries in S.A... Not a single one beats La Placita. Keep in mind, this is a burger joint, it is not The Breslin in NYC...

I was impressed by it all, a great twist to a very common setting.
The first time I went I had the Chola, it was phenomenal... Size, texture, taste, and yes, the aroma! My fiancé had the Choripan, she loved it! She felt like we were in Buenos Aires after biting Into it. It was so juicy and the chimichurri could not have been better.

I couldn't leave without a second visit. So this time I asked Juan and Andres (Owners/chefs) to surprise me. I sat and waited hoping for another scrumptious burger. A few minutes later Juan came to the table with "La Placita, stuffed with caramelized onions and cheddar cheese" promising to beat my prior experience. Challenged by the man, I dug into it and found myself speechless... SO DAMN GOOD!!

To summarize, I can honestly say that my experience at La Placita will be very hard to beat. It was marked by incredible-mouthgasmic hamburgers, abnormally nice staff members, a cozy-fun environment (could expand for comfort), and ice cold beers for the scorching heat of Santa Marta (fresh juices are also delicious).
The only negative, I have to wait a full year before I can eat there again...

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The "La Placita Burger" stuffed with caramelized onions and cheddar cheese is a hit. Wash it down with straight out of the fryer french fries with paprika salt followed by CocaCola and you have the perfect recipe for the ultimate burger experience.

1  Thank PanCake666
david m, Owner at La Placita Burger Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Hey !! hope you had a great time in Colombia. Thank you for rating us !! always welcome to La Placita !!!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was our favorite restaurant during our two week stay in Colombia! The staff are very friendly and they know how to make a darn good burger too! My fiance' and I shared a burger and a salad-both were very good and left us feeling satisfied! You must go here while in Santa Marta!

1  Thank Ashley U