“If only colombia learnt a lesson from them” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Placita Burger Bar
Ranked #33 of 273 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Oslo, Norway
“If only colombia learnt a lesson from them”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely superb burgers. Have been to 42 states in America and sampled hundreds of burgers from all over the world. This was a quality burger. Great super hot fries, juicy pure meat patty, good ingredients, quick service. This place is awesome!!! Eat eat eat. You wont get a better burger in colombia. Trust me. Highly recommended.

Boston
“Crème de la crème - Don't miss out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Placita was a new experience for me, I had tried other gourmet burger joints in the United States (Flip Burger & Shake Shack, absurdly overpriced) and other countries in S.A... Not a single one beats La Placita. Keep in mind, this is a burger joint, it is not The Breslin in NYC...

I was impressed by it all, a great twist to a very common setting.
The first time I went I had the Chola, it was phenomenal... Size, texture, taste, and yes, the aroma! My fiancé had the Choripan, she loved it! She felt like we were in Buenos Aires after biting Into it. It was so juicy and the chimichurri could not have been better.

I couldn't leave without a second visit. So this time I asked Juan and Andres (Owners/chefs) to surprise me. I sat and waited hoping for another scrumptious burger. A few minutes later Juan came to the table with "La Placita, stuffed with caramelized onions and cheddar cheese" promising to beat my prior experience. Challenged by the man, I dug into it and found myself speechless... SO DAMN GOOD!!

To summarize, I can honestly say that my experience at La Placita will be very hard to beat. It was marked by incredible-mouthgasmic hamburgers, abnormally nice staff members, a cozy-fun environment (could expand for comfort), and ice cold beers for the scorching heat of Santa Marta (fresh juices are also delicious).
The only negative, I have to wait a full year before I can eat there again...

• Visited December 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“Best Damn Burger South of the Mississippi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

The "La Placita Burger" stuffed with caramelized onions and cheddar cheese is a hit. Wash it down with straight out of the fryer french fries with paprika salt followed by CocaCola and you have the perfect recipe for the ultimate burger experience.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank PanCake666
david m, Owner at La Placita Burger Bar, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Hey !! hope you had a great time in Colombia. Thank you for rating us !! always welcome to La Placita !!!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Burgers and Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was our favorite restaurant during our two week stay in Colombia! The staff are very friendly and they know how to make a darn good burger too! My fiance' and I shared a burger and a salad-both were very good and left us feeling satisfied! You must go here while in Santa Marta!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ashley U
New York City, New York
“Not to rave about it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I went to this place with great expectation by reading the various reviews but I must say that this is not a great hamburger joint. First meat is cooked on flat top and not charbroiled (less tasty) and most of all fries are pre-cut frozen unacceptable in a place that sells only fries and burgers. freshly cut fries are a must in my agenda! Stay away from patties topped with cheap Kraft BBQ sauce.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank FrankieTa
david m, Owner at La Placita Burger Bar, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Hi, thank you for your comments, however allow me to inform you a couple of things. At La Placita we work every day to give our customers not only good food, but also we are committed to our customer's health, that's why we don't use charcoal, because the usage of this element is prohibited by law on closed areas, clearly stipulated in Colombian normativity.
Second of all, cooks, chefs and foodies, know that there are several ways to cook fries, our method is to cut them , making a first frying , then freezing the product, and finally deep frying it , achieving a nice puree on the inside and a crispy layer on the outside. That is called thermal shock. Also it's mandatory in this kind of weather to freeze all the perishable products.

Finally I disagree with you on your last comment. Heinz , Kraft, Hunts etc are very good bases to start a nice sauce as our BBQ made with a red beer reduction.

Thank you; hope you had a nice time in Colombia.