“Excellent food”
Review of Paris Criollo - CLOSED

Paris Criollo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Colombian, French, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Un restaurante con un excelente costo/beneficio en donde podran encontrar comida caribena con una genial preparacion. Esta ubicado en el callejon de restaurantes mas lindo de toda la ciudad, encontraran mesas en el exterior, en el patio interno y obviamente un fresco espacio interior con aire acondicionado.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I visited this restaurant after reading other reviews on TA, we were not disappointed. Neither of us ate the signature fondu, instead we had the camaron (shrimp) starter and for mains my wife had the langonstino (big shrimp) and I the lomo (filet steak) and both were excellent.
We sat outside in front of the restaurant and whilst the ambiance is great be prepared to be interrupted by the passing precession of people, some funny, some annoying (beggars and street hawkers) so if your not up for that take a seat inside or out the back in a private garden.
Our only criticism was that some of the staff were not experienced and our drinks and meals took a little longer but the owner is aware of this and is training her staff...

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I expected so much more of Paris Criollo. It has the workings of a nicely designed Caribbean-French restaurant, but they must work on the gastro flair. My fondue was very lumpy and gritty. The bread basket/portion for the cheese fondue was for one person (and we were four). Plus they have a very limited wine list for the dinner selection. Would consider them again, but need some help in the kitchen.

2  Thank Richard E
dparra77, Propietario at Paris Criollo, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Hi Richard. Thanks for leaving your comments.

We will try to improve our fondues thanks to your opinion. Would you please tell me the type of fondue you ordered? So we can work on the recipe and of course, we'll consider the amount of bread.

Thanks again, and we are really sorry you had a bad experience.

Diego.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were there for drinks on a Saturday evening and were entertained by a musician on a bike playing from the heart. The owner of the restaurant is great.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I went to this restaurant after reading the other good reviews on tripadvisor. We loved it! First of all they had 2 for 1 cocktails so we had 2 delicious frozen margaritas for only 13,000 pesos!(of course we had to order 2 more). Then we went for the cheese fondue with quesos criollos which was also delicious. We were really suprised and found it kind of weird to eat cheese fondue in santa marta but it was great! And finally we had an amazing dish with octopus and calamari in red wine sauce which was to die for! All this in a really nice ambience - a cute street with music and cool, modern decor. This was both the cheapest and the most delicious meal we had in colombia sofar!!!! Don't miss it!!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great food and location! It's exiting finding french cuisine with an amazing approach in Santa Marta! I'd totally recommend it!!!

1  Thank MarcelaMalaver