“Good but ...”

Ouzo Restaurante
Ranked #3 of 292 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Bar Ouzo is a fresh, new Mediterranean restaurant located in the center of Santa Marta's Parque de los Novios. Opened by the owners of the established restaurant Agave Azul, Ouzo offers the best in Mediterranean cuisine with a fine mix of cocktails and wines. Everything from homemade pasta and fresh seafood to wood fired pizza can be thoroughly enjoyed.
“Good but ...”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant several times. They recently redecorated the patio and sadly it lost 90% of its charm. It has very poor ventilation there now and it gets very hot.
The pizza was good, the aubergine appetizer was delicious.
The service was a little slow.
It is still a good option in Santa Marta but it used to be much better.

• Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
“Tasty dishes, good portions”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband and I had a nice dinner at Ouzo. I ordered the Pescado Griego - a large piece of white fish that was maybe a tad overcooked for most people's standards, but it was just the way I like it. It came with a really good medterrean salad of cucumbers, chick peas, carrots, peppers, onions and corn with a really tasty simple dressing. There were also small potatoes. My husband ordered the margarita pizza and enjoyed it - I couldn't finish my entire plate, it was a very generous portion of fish, and my husband left 3 slices of his pizza. Good portions, great quality of food and decent service. I had asked to taste the house white wine by the glass before committing (as other restaurants have been terrible!) and they were very happy to give me a taste. It was just fine and I ordered a glass as a result. I would return here for dinner and enjoyed our meal outside on the patio - the interior of the restaurant seems to get quite warm, so arriving before all the plaza seats are taken up is a good idea.

• Visited May 2014
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Good Mediterranean”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The restaurant was recommended by our hotel -we weren't disappointed. We started with the squid appetizer , which was excellent (great flavours). We had the ox tail and sea bass which were both very tasty and of course a bottle of wine. A great dinner at a very affordable price compared to home.
The only drawback was the restaurant was quite warm even with the fans circulating the air.

Rarotonga, Cook Islands
“A Pizzeria in Disguise”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

the website and previous write ups looked promising - Mediterranean cuisine. however on arriving it was clear that the push was Pizza - which was tasty but not really what I signed up for. the greek salad was not in anyway like any greek salad I have seen before. Apparently the greek options on the menu were removed as nobody would buy them - however the website and reviews here should be updated to show that this is predominantly a Pizza joint.

Cork, Ireland
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Very nice spot, ideally located with very friendly staff. Pizzas are one of the best I have eaten. Menu has some great options too many for me to eat at once :) .This place gets busy quickly so be sure to get in early. Oh and it seems to be a Colombian thing to take your plate away just as you take your last bite so I'm getting used to it, ha ha.