“A day full of fun!”
Review of Quimera Divers

Quimera Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a group of enthusiastic marine biologists committed to Teach people about dive and our natural resources through the alternative environmental education, available to Colombian and foreign population, to create sensitivity and increase knowledge, and create a change in the way people see the natural resources and how they interact with natural conservation. Creating environmentally responsible individuals.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I'm a beginner diver and I absolutely enjoyed my day diving with Diego. It was very professional and informative with lots of info about the creatures we saw. Because the group was small we got a lot of individual attention. The equipment was great, and an awesome location, we also stopped for a snack onshore, chilling in the hammocks with a beautiful view. Diego has such a good energy you can't help but catch it! What a great day!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My sister and I had never gone scuba diving before this trip with Diego and his partner diver (only snorkeling for us prior to this). We had a wonderful time, and what a cool memory to have!

I have both snorkeled in the past and gone in "Mini Subs" (do not ever use mini subs, will make even the strongest stomachs turn from motion sickness). I love snorkeling, and was thrilled to have this opportunity to try scuba. It was worth every penny and we truly enjoyed our time with Diego and his diving partner. They teach you the basics slowly and clearly, and are with you every step of the way. The divers will literally hold your hand the entire time you are under water, and keep constant check to make sure you are comfortable and enjoying your trip.

Only thing that we forgot was to bring cash to pay, so Diego kindly took us to an ATM, and told us about his business and his passion for diving. Very cool guy, and these trips are a great value, especially after snorkeling in Hawaii and in Mexico. Would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I also highly reccomand Quimera divers. For me it was the first time, i was a bit stressed and i have to say that thanks to Diego who is a great professional, everything went quite smooth. Great equipment, great teacher, great location.

Emanuele

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I highly recommend quimera divers, especially if you are a new or inexperienced diver. Diego is so passionate about diving and about the ocean. He also finds it very important to offer this amazing experience to only one or 2 divers at a time. This allows him to devote his full attention to the small group, this would not be possible with a larger group. Diego made me feel comfortable and pointed out all of the neat, interesting and spectacular creatures while in the water. Thanks Deigo for the once in a lifetime experience!!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I went diving in the Tayrona national park with Diego at Quimera Divers in Santa Marta last week after seeing the unanimous high praise they had received on Tripadvisor, and didn't bother to look at any other dive centers on this basis. Thankfully my experience lived up to my sky-high expectations, as diving with Diego was one of the best diving experiences I've ever had!

From my initial telephone enquiries to the dive itself and follow up communications with Diego, the whole experience was top class. I was so pleased that Diego was willing to go out with just me, unlike many dive centers who will insist on minimum group numbers. I therefore had a very personalised experience, with Diego insisting from start to finish that things could be tailored as I pleased.

What really made the diving experience stand out from most others is how educational and enlightening it was. This is largely due to Diego's background as a marine biologist, and his passion for the ocean and the underwater world was literally oozing from his every pore. His knowledge and the perspective he gave was fascinating, as a result of which my own perspective was enhanced and I came away with an even bigger appreciation for the wonders that lay beneath the surface, particularly because he showed me certain things which I had previously taken for granted or neglected in a new light.

Quimera's philosophy is unique among the many dive centers I've used across the world, and I couldn't have asked for a better time. All the equipment was covered in the cost of the two dives and of a high standard, and the price was very reasonable - given the overall experience, I would say it was an absolute bargain!

If you want to go diving in Tayrona, look no further than Quimera - I can't compare it with others, but I am certain that you won't find any better!

Thank you again to Diego - I look forward to our paths crossing again!