“First diving experience - Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Quimera Divers

Quimera Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a group of enthusiastic marine biologists committed to Teach people about dive and our natural resources through the alternative environmental education, available to Colombian and foreign population, to create sensitivity and increase knowledge, and create a change in the way people see the natural resources and how they interact with natural conservation. Creating environmentally responsible individuals.
Sao Paulo, SP
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First diving experience - Great!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I also highly reccomand Quimera divers. For me it was the first time, i was a bit stressed and i have to say that thanks to Diego who is a great professional, everything went quite smooth. Great equipment, great teacher, great location.

Emanuele

Visited March 2013

Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I highly recommend quimera divers, especially if you are a new or inexperienced diver. Diego is so passionate about diving and about the ocean. He also finds it very important to offer this amazing experience to only one or 2 divers at a time. This allows him to devote his full attention to the small group, this would not be possible with a larger group. Diego made me feel comfortable and pointed out all of the neat, interesting and spectacular creatures while in the water. Thanks Deigo for the once in a lifetime experience!!

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the best diving experiences I've ever had!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I went diving in the Tayrona national park with Diego at Quimera Divers in Santa Marta last week after seeing the unanimous high praise they had received on Tripadvisor, and didn't bother to look at any other dive centers on this basis. Thankfully my experience lived up to my sky-high expectations, as diving with Diego was one of the best diving experiences I've ever had!

From my initial telephone enquiries to the dive itself and follow up communications with Diego, the whole experience was top class. I was so pleased that Diego was willing to go out with just me, unlike many dive centers who will insist on minimum group numbers. I therefore had a very personalised experience, with Diego insisting from start to finish that things could be tailored as I pleased.

What really made the diving experience stand out from most others is how educational and enlightening it was. This is largely due to Diego's background as a marine biologist, and his passion for the ocean and the underwater world was literally oozing from his every pore. His knowledge and the perspective he gave was fascinating, as a result of which my own perspective was enhanced and I came away with an even bigger appreciation for the wonders that lay beneath the surface, particularly because he showed me certain things which I had previously taken for granted or neglected in a new light.

Quimera's philosophy is unique among the many dive centers I've used across the world, and I couldn't have asked for a better time. All the equipment was covered in the cost of the two dives and of a high standard, and the price was very reasonable - given the overall experience, I would say it was an absolute bargain!

If you want to go diving in Tayrona, look no further than Quimera - I can't compare it with others, but I am certain that you won't find any better!

Thank you again to Diego - I look forward to our paths crossing again!

Visited February 2013
Medellin, Colombia
“The ocean is alive!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Yesterday we wanted to experience the world under the ocean to make that happen we needed someone passionate about it. We love all of the living creatures in the ocean and it is important for us to understand more about it . When we talked to Diego he told as that was possible and he made sure that we were as comfortable as possible. Diego tried to do everything to make as happy. we wanted to dive in the afternoon and have contact with some of the species. Diego arranged a great trip just how we wanted. Because he is a Biologist he share a lot of great information and was very fun and safe while diving. The prices are in a good range and the Boat is very nice. Diego was always checking that everything was great and he explained every detail so you can think in quick solutions while your diving. Being calm when you dive is very important and that is what Diego transmitted when we were with him. Thank you very much for a great diving experience. =^^=

Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great dive!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I did a dive with Diego, and it was all around a great experience. It's clear Diego is passionate about what he does, and loves to share his knowledge of the ocean. It's also important to him that you have a great time!

I was the only person who went out that day , and I usually find dive groups like to have a full boat, so I appreciated that it wasn't an issue (also that they were open, since it was Dec.26/Boxing Day). Diego said he likes to keep groups small, and has no problem taking the boat out with one, as it makes the dive more enjoyable for everyone. That was awesome to hear.

On top of that, the equipment is very nice and the scenery is beautiful! I'd definitely do a dive through Quimera again - you'll feel like you're diving with friends.

Visited December 2012