“Insultingly bad at a rip off price. Avoid.”
Review of Donde Chucho

Donde Chucho
Ranked #9 of 316 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Had Grouper with Marinara sauce and my friends had the two fish a la plancha and my wife the warm seafood salad. The worst was mine, by far. The fish was somewhat fresh and tasty, but the brown sauce that covered it had a still frozen collection of shrimp, mussels, calamari and clams salad on top. The few bites I had made me feel that it was going to make me ill, so I stopped. The plantain that came with it was dry and uninteresting. The other meals were also mediocre with cheap lukewarm fries. The service reminded me of my stay in Benin, with dragging feet and little interest in their customers. She didn't know what their 5 cocktails were and served me the wrong one and insisted she was right. When we tried to lower the included tip, she pretended that it couldn't be done. Don't waste your time there. They only exist because of the other restaurant with the same name.

2  Thank MaximeLachance
Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Was nice that it was at the quiet side of the Plaza away from the duelling sound systems of the other restaurants and bars. It has a very nice patio overlooking the park. We had seafood which was done perfectly. The service was a bit querky and aloof - but we weren't in a hurry. We asked for tea and were told they only had black tea -- but they ended up brining a decaf strawberry green tea without comment.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on the first day of our stay in Santa Marta, at the Parque de los Novios location.
I had the Chucho salad, which was quite tasty. However, the bottom of the bowl was filled with oil, which made the last few bites extremely greasy.
My wife's dish was OK but not great and a bit on the salty side.
The service was rather slow and there was not much of an ambience.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Ordered steak in wine sauce with langoustine. Received tenderloin in garlic. Wrong but tasty.
Ordered half a bottle of wine 35cob but in the bill they charged a whole bottle for 70cob. No apologies made.
Also as opposed to charging for Tamarind juice, they charged for mandarine juice, which was 1500 more expensive.

1  Thank Guido C
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I went to this place since I was looking for some local fare. I wanted to try some real Colombian food. From what I experienced, there are more authentic places with cheaper prices, better service, and better food. This food was ok in quality, but it lacked spirit and flare. I wanted something with a little soul, and this just did not do it for me. The service was ok, and the location on the Parque de Novios cannot be beat. I did enjoy the ambience of sitting outside on the square. However, if you are looking for local style food, go to some more authentic lesser-known places. If you are looking for higher quality food, there are many other choices in Santa Marta of international food.