“Upscale for SM”

Ranked #9 of 316 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice inside - has AC (many places don't). Service good - expensive, quality very good. Beef excellent -- seafood we had was rich and creamy.. Definitely upper scale..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great restaurant with plenty outdoor seating, live music and great food. The shrimp dishes were excellent and well seasoned. The serviced and atmosphere were quite a treat.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Had Christmas dinner here. Great situation on the corner of Parque de los Novios; very nice decor; eat in or out - the climate allows either. My meal was brilliant (mixto plate 2), a wonderful selection of garlic prawns, grilled grouper, smoked crab, calamari, octopus and with flattened plantains and sour cream to accompany it; fantastic!

My daughter had Garlic prawn salad, a huge serving of delicious garlic prawns but the salad was a very meager pile of ice-berg lettuce underneath the hot prawns, nothing else! This was a very disappointing salad and did not do justice to the rest of the excellent food. My wife and other daughter had nice meals.

I would recommend the place but just be warned should you decide upon a salad, there is a great selection to choose from but if they are of the same standard then don´t select one. Have what I had!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This place had the perfect location in Santa Marta. Its in the corner of of a square, no cars are passing by and I didnt see any people on the terrace trying to sell me stuff whil I am enjoying my dinner.

The place was packed and it was obvious why, the food was great.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stumbled upon this spot as it was the busiest on the block and were not disappointed. The food was excellent, service spot on and their wine prices very reasonable. We enjoyed it so much that when the restaurant we planned to visit our second night was closed, we went back. That's when we met Chucho. What a genuine individual!
He remembered us from the night before and was so pleased we returned, he joined us for a drink and insisted on introducing us to the Santa Marta culture via stories and even gave us a picture of him with local celebrity Carlos Vives.
His food is made with love and you can taste it and feel it in the service!