“What a Place!”

Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Santa Marta
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Casa de Isabella was a refreshing place to stay on our 11 day exploration of northern Colombia. The staff was the nicest on the trip (which says a lot compared to other friendly Colombian hosts). Additionally, the facilities were clean, modern and well maintained.

Frankly, the best part of the stay was enjoying one of the two rooms with roofdeck patio, pool, and lounge chairs. Yeah- a little pool for us to take in the sun, relax and devour an excellent poolside breakfast.

The location was great- one big block away from the 'scene' so that it was quiet yet accessible.

If I go back to Santa Marta, I will certainly

Room Tip: Get the suite with the roof deck and pool! It made the stay go from really good to unbelievable!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

We greatly appreciate this review. Its amazing to hear when people have such a good time at our hotel and feel compelled to share their experience with others. Thanks for mentioning our staff. We are so proud of them and their constant dedication to a great experience at Casa de Isabella. We hope to see you again soon! Be sure to book directly with the hotel for great discounts and promotions.

There are newer reviews for Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel

Reviewed March 1, 2014

There are two beautiful and romantic rooms with privet pool in the rooftop, and you must to stay no. 9 and 10 if you gonna stay this hotel. We are lucky to get good deal with breakfast, but I think normally the price should be higher. It's functional, apple TV and internatinal(Europe, USA, and south america) phone calls included, but there's on bath which is strange if your room have a privet pool. The staff there are all nice and helpful. Breakfast is okay.

Room Tip: Number 9 and 10 with privet pool
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jacob_Schwarz, Propietario at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you very much for writing this review. We are proud of our staff, and are glad you noted their constant devotion to a quality stay. Room 9 and 10 have very nice terraces with private plunge pools. The common pool on the second floor is also a nice place to cool off during the day. Thanks for mentioning our free international calls! Next time, remember to book direct with the hotel for great discounts.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was a superb place to stay, very comfortable, well maintained, and in a good location for touring the city. The staff were friendly and helpful. The small pool was a welcome spot for refreshing from the heat of the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ERP444

Thank you so much for this review. We are very happy to offer Casa de Isabella as a great boutique hotel in Santa Marta. We hope to see you again soon! Remember to book directly with the hotel (email, phone, or our website) for the best discounts and promotions!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Thank you Ana, Ada, Louis and front desk staff at Casa de Isabella for making our 7 night stay such a highlight of our trip to Colombia. Enjoyed relaxing at the pool and cleanliness of spacious accommodations. Delicious breakfasts (discovered cayeye) and well kept greenery. Proximity to Santa Marta's interesting museums and excellent restaurants was also appreciated.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jacob_Schwarz, Propietario at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have shared your review with the whole team and they are always elated to hear about a guest that left truly satisfied. We were very happy to have you here, and hope you make it back sometime soon! Remember to book directly with the hotel for great discounts and promotions.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Spent 4 nights at Casa de Isabella last week. Had been there in November 2012 and it remains first rate both in terms of quality, amenties and service. This time I was traveling with someone from Bogota and we were equally struck by the high level of service and relaxing atmosphere. I would recommend it to anyone traveling in Santa Marta. Jacob, one of the owners is on site, easily accessible and very helpful. Also visited Casa de Leda (their sister hotel) which offered a similar style including some of the staff who most impressed me during my 2012 stay at Casa de Isabella.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Jacob_Schwarz, Propietario at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

We are honored that you took the time to review us. Your kind words have been shared with our staff, and they are (as always) very happy to hear guest comments. Next time you visit, don't forget to book directly with the hotel for great discounts and promotions. Thanks!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We staying in Santa Marta for one night in early February 2014. This was our favourite of the four hotels in the Kali group. The mixture of old colonial charm and modern conveniences was perfect. The staff - as we found in all the Kali hotels - were really helpful and went out of their way to make our stay exceed expectations. Love the location - one block away from the beach front where you can see amazing sunsets, and one block away from the Plaza de los Novios which is a great animated square, especially at night - with nice restaurants, bars and live music.
Really liked that the pool was on the second floor and not the ground. Makes it much more inviting than at the Casa de Leda (another Kali hotel) where the pool is on the ground floor beside the lobby. The tree and nice plantings in the central courtyard ensure shade and a welcoming oasis away from the noise and heat of Santa Marta.

Our room was on the second floor and was very generous in proportions and nice and bright. All the Kali hotels have very high ceilings which adds to the feeling of spaciousness. It had great storage (again, the best storage space of all the Kali hotels we stayed in) and it had a very nice bathroom with a walk-in shower with a rain shower head.

One of the owners, Jacob, was very helpful in ensuring our stay was all that it could be and seemed genuinely interested in hearing our feedback on Casa Isabella and all the Kali hotels. Definitely will return to this property.

Room Tip: I would avoid a room on the main floor unless you have trouble with stairs. The third floor rooms l...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

It is so great to hear about your experience with us. We are elated that you had such a nice stay to leave us a review like this. Thanks for mentioning the Kali name! We hope to expand the brand as a staple of luxury boutique hotels throughout Colombia, so that when someone books a Kali Hotel, they know their experience will be great. Next time you visit, we hope to continuously impress you with pleasant surprises. Remember to book direct with the hotel for great discounts and promotions.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Let me just say that my experience Could have been rotten. With the staff and wonderful management of the Kali Hotels, my experience was absolutely wonderful. I had found out that I was pregnant two days before I was to leave on business to Santa Marta, Colombia. The flights were brutal. By the time my boss and I had made it to the hotel, I was physically and emotionally dead tired.
We arrived at the first hotel Casa Isabella, with beautiful colors, friendly smiles and wonderful welcomes. Once there we sat on the terrace to relax while we waited for our room. We arrived at 10am and check in is at 3pm. After a few minutes I stared feeling dizzy and nauseous. I went to the front desk, the man spoke great English, and asked if there was anywhere I could lay down. He explained our room was not ready. Then I informed him that I was pregnant and dizzy. Then this Wonderful woman Ana walked over because she could see that I was not ok. He informed her that I was pregnant, dizzy and nauseous. She scurried away to return very quickly saying, in Spanish, that she had just cleaned a bed in a vacant room and wanted me to go lay down and that I could use that room until my room was ready. She hovered over me like a mother.
I have never in my life had such a great experience with a hotel and staff as I did at Casa de Isabella. In addition to all this, the next day we wanted to try their other hotel Casa de Leida, which was only a block away from Isabella (both part of Kali Hotels). The hotel staff transferred our luggage as my new room was available in the other hotel. This hotel is also amazing and the owner Jacob was extremely helpful. There was a booking error in regards to our hotel room and without hesitation Jacob had fixed the problem and set me up in a very nice, single person, room for accommodations. If you are ever traveling to Santa Marta and you know you will not be spending a lot of time in your room. Ask for the ‘single apartment room’ on the second floor. It is small but ever so perfect. The bathroom is upstairs and it is all beautifully designed.
Their complimentary breakfast choices are all wonderful but I would definitely recommend the pancakes. I don’t know what they do to make theirs special but they are very delicious and fluffy. The staff, owners and even the night crew are all amazing. You can use both pools at either hotel even if you only stay in one hotel or the other your entire trip. And honestly besides my “adopted mother Ana” the second best thing; was this future momma asked for fresh orange juice at 11pm and they made it for me.
The next time I go to Santa Marta I know exactly where I am staying and I would, without a doubt recommend The Kali Hotels to Everyone!
Elizabeth Cardiel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

We are so glad that we were able to make your experience truly special. It is unfortunate that you ended up traveling under the circumstances, but we were very happy to make your stay as comfortable as possible. It was great to get to know you a little, and I wish you all the luck. Next time you are in the area, I sincerely hope you find the time to visit us in Santa Marta! Don't forget to book directly with the hotel for great discounts and promotions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Marta
Zuana Beach Resort
Zuana Beach Resort
#8 of 67 in Santa Marta
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hotel
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hot...
#1 of 3 in Tayrona National Park
Hotel Boutique Don Pepe
Hotel Boutique Don Pepe
#5 of 67 in Santa Marta

Been to Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel? Share your experiences!