“Beautiful, well-located boutique hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel
Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in Santa Marta
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful, well-located boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed in a 2nd-floor room for three nights and enjoyed every part of the experience.

The location was great. It was just a block from the ocean and a few blocks from the Marina, where we took our dive trips. It's also a few blocks from a couple of public squares and a main street for trendy bars and restaurants.

The service was great. The breakfast was really good. I recommend "eggs in the hole." All breakfast options come with a luscious tropical fruit salad.

The staff is very accommodating. Since we were staying at other Kali hotels in near Tayrona National Park and Cartagena, they arranged transportation among them.

Our room was super comfortable and spacious too.

Room Tip: We liked our room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LittleMySF
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
We are so honored that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the review! We are proud to offer a world class level of service here in Santa Marta. We train our staff to provide the best possible experience. Its great that you stayed at Villa Maria as well. Its a perfect addition to your Santa Marta vacation, or as a stand alone adventure. We hope to see you again soon. For next time, don't forget to book directly with the hotel (email, phone, or our website) for the best discounts and promotions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Firstly the hotel is beautiful, the room gorgeous and the bed divine. But the thing that really makes this hotel stand out is the standard of service. Everyone who works there, no matter what their job is is eager to accommodate and please. I took food there, which I brought home from a tour and when I asked, they were only too happy to heat it up for me and brought it back to me served like a restaurant meal. The desk staff speak English, are helpful and friendly! They were patient while I tried to think of all the Spanish words I knew to say too.

The reason for less than 5 stars for the restaurant is just that it is only open for breakfast.

I would love to stay here again and am now keen to look for Kali hotels when I go to other places. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We're so please to have given you an unforgettable experience. Our goal is to constantly go above and beyond with customer service, as the details are truly what make the experience. We hope to see you again soon. Always remember to book directly with us via email or on our website for the best discounts and promotions.
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

> Comments:

Casa Isabella’s facility is beautiful, charming, and pristine; the 360 panoramic view (ocean, city, and mountains) from the penthouses’ private terraces is spectacular; the pool area is comfortable, relaxing, and again immaculate; the rooms will not let you down, the same care was given to each room, each individually decorated and appointed. Top it off with an attractive, professional, genial staff that is always attent on making your stay as pleasant as possible and a hands on ownership and management that keeps Casa Isabella in this light… Lastly during your stay make sure you ask about Villa Maria, their awesome property by the ocean next to Tyrona.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Wow, thank you so much for this amazing review. We are proud of Casa de Isabella, and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. The building has much detail, but it means nothing without our dedicated staff. Our whole team works so hard to keep the place running perfectly, and we are indebted to them. Thanks for mentioning Villa Maria as well, since its the perfect jungle addition to your Santa Marta vacation. Don't forget to book directly with the hotel for the best discounts and promotions.
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel is a refuge in Santa Marta. This city has its charm, but this hotel is an oasis of luxury. From the check in time, we felt cared for. We arrived early for check in, so we roamed the city and had lunch, and by the time we got back our room was ready. Even though it was still before their offical check in time, they worked hard to prepare the room early for us. Breakfast had many options, and I was pleasantly surprised by the local Santa Marta dish. I forget what it was called, but it was tasty and kept me full for our long hike into Tayrona National Park! Through and through, this hotel completly impressed me. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! We always try to get rooms ready as quickly as possible to allow for early check ins. There is no reason you shouldn't get into your room early if we can get it ready early for you. The traditional Santa Marta dish is called Cayeye, and it a green plantain purée with sausage and cheese. Its a local favorite, and we'd love to provide you the recipe if you are interested. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and the room was very nice, comfortable, good shower. The service is like a 5star, super friendly people, Ana, Emilse prepared the best breakfast with homemade bread :) and Luis and Javier were helpful all the time; the decoration is beautiful, makes a very cozy environment!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We were so happy to have you, and to help with any and all things. The homemade bread is something we enjoy making every day, and are glad you noticed. We put a lot of time and effort into the hotel's details and decoration, but it means nothing without our amazing staff. We are very lucky to have such a dedicated team. Remember to book directly with us over the phone, email, or our website for the best prices and promotions. Thanks again!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I am so happy that I chose Casa de Isabella for my time in Santa Marta, Columbia. I had been looking at a few boutique hotels in the area, and I settled on this one because of the great reviews I had read. The staff were so attentive and considerate during my entire stay. Every time I was sitting out by the pool they were quick to offer me a refreshing drink. The reception answered all my questions with knowledgable and informed answers, and they recommended some great restaurants nearby. I loved Ouzo. I didn't get to stay in the suites, but from the pictures with their rooftop terrace and private pool, they seem amazing. I cannot remember the name of the receptionist who helped me out, but special thanks to him for making this trip easy and special.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you kindly for your review. We greatly appreciate your stay with us, and we're so glad you enjoyed your time! Great service is so important to us, and we cannot tell you how happy we are that you took note of it. Thanks again, and remember for next time to book directly with us (over the phone, email, or via our website) for the best discounts and promotions.
Claremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

My stay at Casa de Isabella was truly incredible. From arrival, I felt at home and cared for. The receptionists all spoke English (A huge plus for me with my limited spanish), and were very knowledgable about the surrounding area. I slept very deeply, I almost missed breakfast! But I am glad I didn't, since its cooked to order with a bunch of menu options. Casa de Isabella really made my trip to Santa Marta, and I will have great memories.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank for you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of what we have created here, and are elated that you enjoyed your stay. The English-speaking reception is very important to us, as answers to questions in your own language can be so much more helpful than in a language you are just learning. When traveling, you want to get the most accurate information as possible, so English can be a great help. We hope to see you again soon, and be sure to book directly with us (over the phone, email, or the booking portal on our website) for the best discounts and promotions.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Marta
Zuana Beach Resort
#7 of 68 in Santa Marta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,354 reviews
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hotel
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hot...
#1 of 2 in Tayrona National Park
Hotel Boutique Don Pepe
Hotel Boutique Don Pepe
#5 of 68 in Santa Marta

Been to Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel? Share your experiences!