“great dive center”

Poseidon Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Only Padi 5* Gold Palm Instructor Development Dive Resort, Tec Diving And Sidemount Facility in Colombia. We speak Spanish, English and German. We offer dive courses from beginner to pro level and fun dives. 3 comfortable rooms and own swimming pool on site. Two comfortable custom made dive boats one for up to 16 divers and the second for up to 18 divers. You can dive with air, Nitrox for free and Trimix. Sidemount diving available. 1 Course director full time. Free WiFI. The fun dives are only limited by air consumption, not by time. Depending of the season we offer you 3mm or 5mm wetsuits and dive computer. Diving in Colombia has a name: Poseidon Dive Center – We change your lifestyle.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

very well organised, great staff, nice boats, very good equipment, everything's perfect.
We highly recommend it!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

After reading Lonely Planet's review of Poseidon Dive Center being a "PADI assembly line" we were a little skeptical. However, we were politely greeted, given information, and never felt pressured to choose Poseidon as our dive center. Maybe it was the free coffee they offered us, but we ultimately chose to dive with Poseidon. Lonely Planet could not have been more wrong: we received personalized attention with world class instruction.

Our instructor, Juan, taught us the open-water dive certification course. His explanations were through while maintaining levity and keeping us engaged. After learning about the equipment, we practiced skills in the pool. The next day, we completed our first open-water dive. Juan's experience as a diver and instructor made us feel very confident in this new situation. It also helped that all the equipment was well maintained and top of the line. Snacks and water were proved during breaks between dives and water/coffee were always available at the dive center.

PHOTOS! They take free photos of you in the water. It is a great way to document your experience.

Overall, the staff went well out of there way to give us the best diving experience possible, were extremely professional, and we would recommend this center to any of our family and friends.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

A great dive shop in Taganga. I did do some fun dives with other companies but once I found Poseidon I ended up sticking with them. A fairly no nonsense German run shop benefits the divers greatly but not the best for the "après diving" so to speak. With that said, when you want the best of the best diving wise, you cannot go wrong choosing this shop. The boats are great, covered as well for the sun or the possible rain. Provide food and water between dives on shore and morning and afternoon dive options. If you are looking to begin your first ever diving adventures, the onsite pool used to familiarize yourself with equipment and skills is perfect and again, an amenity that you pay for. It is the only dive shop with an onsite pool.
In any case , 2 fun dives were 150,000cop....other shops were as low as 110,000.......but a couple dives I did with another shop for that price and the DM lost us.......not on one of the dives but both of the dives that morning.
Shop around but make sure you check this place out.

1  Thank lakefever
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I chose Poseidon due to the good reviews on tripadvisor and I was not disappointed!

The place, operated by two Germans with a rustic charm, runs with the precision of a BMW engine. The equipment is top notch and they have the only catamaran dive boat in Taganga which is very spacious and comfortable. I took the PADI open water class with them and liked it so much that I stayed a few more days to take the PADI advance class as well. My instructor was great, always happy to help and go the extra mile to make me comfortable. On the first course I was the only student, on the second one we were just two students -- ideal conditions! My first dive was in their pool rather than the open water which I liked a lot. Safety and keeping their gear in good condition seems a high priority. They also take photos and videos during some dives which showed up on their Facebook page even before I returned to my hostel.

In short -- highly recommended!

1  Thank darndt
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Although slightly more expensive than other dive shops in the area, the equipment, safety, staff etc are far superior to anyone else (I did try diving with another cheaper 5* PADI rated company in the area). Best facilities for undertaking a course (due to their pool) and the numerous PADI 5* ratings show their class. Diving in general is cheap in Taganga, so why bother compromising safety and dive time for a few dollars. Would highly reccommend!

2  Thank Jono88