“Good choice for diving in Taganga, Santa Marta, Colombia”

Poseidon Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Santa Marta
More attraction details
Owner description: The Only Padi 5* Gold Palm Instructor Development Dive Resort, Tec Diving And Sidemount Facility in Colombia. We speak Spanish, English and German. We offer dive courses from beginner to pro level and fun dives. 3 comfortable rooms and own swimming pool on site. Two comfortable custom made dive boats one for up to 16 divers and the second for up to 18 divers. You can dive with air, Nitrox for free and Trimix. Sidemount diving available. 1 Course director full time. Free WiFI. The fun dives are only limited by air consumption, not by time. Depending of the season we offer you 3mm or 5mm wetsuits and dive computer. Diving in Colombia has a name: Poseidon Dive Center – We change your lifestyle.
Tel Aviv, Israel
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Good choice for diving in Taganga, Santa Marta, Colombia”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and my son (both advanced open water divers) went diving with Poseidon Dive Center and had a very good experience. I took my 10 year-old son for his first ever dive and he LOVED it! The staff, in particular the extremely affable and gentle-with-kids trainer Alejandro, made the whole process stress-free and fun. I went with my son on his Discover Scuba Diving course and dives (though I am already certified) and it was great fun to watch how easy and carefree it was made for my son. Poseidon has a pool right on the premises and a great boat for the dive. We looked around at the other dive centers because there are plenty but Poseidon seemed the most professional. Cost-wise it was reasonable and cheap compared to other countries. We will be going back to get him certified as soon as possible!

Visited October 2012

Bogota, Colombia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“World class scuba dive center”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Boy did we have fun diving with Poseidon Dive Center. Undoubtedly this is the very best scuba dive center in the area; do not hesitate coming here for your scuba plans, whether for the first time or for the more advanced. The staff is incredible and attentive and the facilities are top notch. My son and I we had a great two day diving weekend. Thanks to Gerd and his crew for making a formidable deep dive adventure!

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Perfect Dive centre to get a PADI”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

After checking quite a few Diving center in Taganga I chose Poseidon one, even they were the most expensive, but they looked really professional and had great reviews. There was no disappointment, they were great indeed! Good equipment, always following the security regulations, best boat and the only one with swimming pool! (Which was actually easier for me to learn and gain confidence for my first immersions).
Instructors are excellent! I was lucky enough to have one instructor for myself, but the normally have one for 2-3 people. They are very professionals but leaving some space to have fun also. They make sure you learn and enjoy at the same time while diving :)
Photos are included and you could get free diving sessions if you past your exam with 0 errors! (I could not get this for myself as I just had 1 error, boh!).
ah, and the free coffee in the morning, water and snacks between diving sessions, (I really appreciate the coffee cups at 7.30 am, hehe)
So, I would 100% recommend this centre, thank you guys for such an amazing experience!

Visited August 2012
Utila
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Posideon Dive Centre, Taganga”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

On our recent trip to Columbia we dove a 10 dive package with the Posideon Dive Centre. Max-the Course Director & his crew are professional, safety conscious, they have top notch equipment & took care of us & everyone else. Coffee & water always available in the dive centre. They have the only boats in Tagana with a cover to get out of the sun. On board we were always offered water & we had a lunch on a beach in Tayrona park every day. The diving was terrific, we gave up counting or taking pictures of different eels, trunk fish, octopus, cowfish & I bet I've forgot a few. Plus current diving; which we love being from BC, Canada!

They also have dorms available for people to stay in & a the only dive centre with a pool for confined water training in Taganga. We high recommend Max's Dive Centre

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Canadense
Barranquilla, Colombia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great place to get PADI certified!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I've always wanted to learn to scuba dive but between the cost and being a scaredy cat i never got around to it. After moving to Colombia i heard about Poseidon and many people told me that it's the best dive center around. So, i took a leap of faith. 3 crazy days later and here i am a certified open water diver! Everyone at Poseidon was friendly and knew their stuff. My instructor Javier did a great job making sure i was comfortable and confident with every step of the process, even staying after to help me study for the test (we also got in a lot of laughing and silliness too). Not only were the staff great, but the facilities are far superior to other dive shops. As we loaded up our big, comfortable boat i spotted the competition also heading out to the ocean - little more than a row boat with a motor - and FILLED with people! Yikes! Also, since Poseidon has their own training pool you can start off slow, practicing your skills in a controlled environment before hitting the open ocean. HIGHLY recommended if you're in the area and have even the slightest interest :) Good luck!

Visited June 2012