“Best Dive Center w/ individual service and great equipment - Dive sites average”

Poseidon Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Santa Marta
More attraction details
Owner description: The Only Padi 5* Gold Palm Instructor Development Dive Resort, Tec Diving And Sidemount Facility in Colombia. We speak Spanish, English and German. We offer dive courses from beginner to pro level and fun dives. 3 comfortable rooms and own swimming pool on site. Two comfortable custom made dive boats one for up to 16 divers and the second for up to 18 divers. You can dive with air, Nitrox for free and Trimix. Sidemount diving available. 1 Course director full time. Free WiFI. The fun dives are only limited by air consumption, not by time. Depending of the season we offer you 3mm or 5mm wetsuits and dive computer. Diving in Colombia has a name: Poseidon Dive Center – We change your lifestyle.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We dove for two days with Poseidon Dive Center in Taganga. I can highly recommend the guides, the equipment, the boat and the dive center in general. They payed attention to safety regulations, while taking into account your level of experience (me: 50 dives, AOWD). I also wanted to use my air integrated computer (wireless) in addition to my pressure gauge (always carry a backup!). Not only did they have revisioned equipment, but even a first stage with two HP ports. They Installed the dongle within minutes and made me check it personally for pressure leaks. Nitrox is provided upon request. All in all a very good, safe, modern and fun dive center!

One note to the dive sites: We did only four dives, which is not representative. However, i was a bit disappointed by the sights. While corals (brain corals, huuuge ones) are fun, the sites lacked some excitement for me.

One note on the dorms they offer: Hot (fan, no AC) and noisy (discos in the night, dogs and cocks in the very early morning). Do yourself the favor and stay in a place further from the shore-line. They are quieter.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Schneenagels

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great dive station, great equipment!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We had a couple of very good dives with this station. The equipment is outstandig, one of the best we have found in south america and the guides are experienced and focused on safety. I did my Nitrox license there while my boyfriend already dive with Nitrox. Poseidon was the first dive station for him that actually adhered to the safety standards when diving with enriched air and on top did all the paper work! We were very satisfied.
And to the people who have written something about lack of comfort: Diving is a sport! And aren't you glad to assemble your stuff yourself? I almost forgot how it's done because it has been done for me so many times. And it is your responsibility to test it anyway, so way not put it together yourself? It made me feel much more at ease during the dive. And with carrying your stuff and washing it: that takes five minutes, how lazy are you? Besides, there's not much else to do in Taganga, and if you want to be pempered, go spend your vacation in a Spa.
The rooms and beds are very basic, and it's noisy at night due to the bars near by. There are definitively better options, but you don't have to get up that early when you want to dive, because you're right on the spot already.

Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“There are other, probably better options in Taganga”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The dive sites chosen offer nothing special and are rather overcrowded. Other dive schools in Taganga (Calipso) go to less crowded places deep into Tayrona National Parc and take care of Coral Conservation - something at least we didn ´t hear about Poseidon Dive Center. The equipment at Poseidon is surely very good and new. Staff seens to be experienced, but does not pay much attention on the whole comfort of people that see diving / snorkeling as a rare experience and not just as professional sport.

Visited March 2012
5 Thank Berlin_on_the_road
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dive shop in Colombia”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Firstly, I am reviewing Poseidon Dive in Taganga. Not sure if the address on this listing correct as the address listed is Santa Marta. Anyway Poseidon Dive Taganga are fantastic! Myself and my husband have been diving for 10+ years and both agree this is the most professional and well run outfit we've ever dived with. All the gear is new and top quality. Large new catamaran boats. Experienced staff and lots of little extras like a dive computer for every diver, free fish I.D cards and yummy snacks at the surface interval. Max, Gerd and the team run Poseidon with German precision and it is much appreciated!

Cologne, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Open Water, Advanced Open Water & Rescue Diver”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I did 3 courses with Poseidon Dive Center (from totally Beginner till Rescue Diver) and I felt really great. The equipment like BCD, regulators, tanks ... everything was high quality and checked regularly. The 5mm wetsuit which I had was okay for me and I was comfortable during the whole dive - I am German, I am used to cold weather, hahaha.
They gave me the newest learning materials and I was able to learn everything in a quiet place and watch the movies by myself without another person (yes, sometimes I am not a teamplayer ;D).

I was a bit scared about the EFR and Rescue Diver Course, but they all were really professional and helped me with my questions. During the open water sessions, I could ask everything. It was really fun, even when the topic is serious. And I liked the snack during the surface interval - lol.

They have free coffee and water all the time and two huge dogs, Franz & Sepp - i love them! When you are diving with them, you can put your stuff into small lockers, so they will not get away.

Because I was a totally beginner, I wanted good equipment, a good boat and professional instructors - and I got everything. I can recommend Poseidon Dive Center to everyone who wants to start diving or Go Pro. :)

Visited February 2012