“Worst Italian food ever!”
Review of DONDE L'ITALIANO

DONDE L'ITALIANO
Ranked #164 of 297 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My wife and I went to Santa Marta for our first wedding anniversary. The day we arrived we were recommended this place for dinner. We went and our experience was very disappointed: we ordered mussels as starter; they were ok but not really good (not the best we had eaten). As main dish my wife ordered "ravioli di mare"; the ravioli were tasteless and their appearance was terrible; she couldn't eat half of them. I ordered "branzino alla siciliana"; it was just white fish with a sauce that tasted just like the mussels we had as starter. And my wife's ravioli had the same sauce!

The owner, who was supposed to be the cook, wasn't at the kitchen but just walking around, in and out the restaurant. Who was cooking or supervising, then? The only good thing was the cook's wife who was at the front and did her best.

We would never recommend this place to anyone. They don't have good food nor good taste for decoration. They need a visit of Chef Ramsey ASAP!!!

2  Thank Diogenescl
There are newer reviews for DONDE L'ITALIANO

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I have been here in December. The food was terrible ! I'm not sure who these reviewers are, but they must be very easily pleased ! First bit of advice, please remove the babypram for sale in the middle of the restaurent.....Mmmm not a good look.
As for the food. The starter was cold and half cooked, I thought oh well maybe just a bad dish. Sadly,the main was even worse, The pasta of the lasagna overcooked and well burnt. The meat and the sauce I wouldn't have fed to my cat !!
The owner maybe Italian, However, i'm sure they have never entered a kitchen unless it was for a glass of water.

3  Thank Liam041
Reviewed December 24, 2011

The ravioli was amazing! I would reco this place wholeheartedly.

1  Thank ShawnBToronto
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I am in Santa marta every month and each time I eat here. I have my favorite dish but all are great. The owner is from Italy and it can match any italian restaurant I have visited anywhere in world. The service is extremely friendly and it is just a great little place.

I have bought friends from the USA to this restaurant as well and it is funny as we end up just going everyday as they all enjoy food so much they want to go back again and again. Lucky for me I am there every month so I get to explore other restaurants at night but for Italian food this is my favorite!

Reviewed October 1, 2011

This is a wonderful restaurant.
The owner Paolo is a fantastic chef and his wife is a kind hostess.
I had the best food and I highly recommend it. Good prices too.

2  Thank Thierry D
dondelitaliano, Propietario at DONDE L'ITALIANO, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thanks Thierry, please come 'soon. Paolo and Cecilia