“Awesome food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were down in Santa Marta recently and ate at Agave Azul 4 different times over my stay trying something different each time. The food was awesome every time. The food and the atmosphere were both great. The drinks were sweet as well.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a good choice for mexican food in Santa Marta. While maybe not the fanciest restaurant in the city, it gets the job done. I enjoyed the beef tacos.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My fiancé and I returned to Agave Azul during our recent trip to Taganga and had a delicious meal. We once again sat at the bar so we had a great view of the kitchen. I spotted chef coming from the back and asked him for a recommendation on a dish. I took him up on the beef lomo dish with a chimichurri sauce and suero on top. It was fantastic. Possibly the best beef dish I have ever eaten. The beer was cold and the food came out quick. We will be returning again. Thanks, chef for another great meal!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I dined at Agave Azul during two nights coming back from various trips around Santa Marta. I stayed next door at La Brisa Loca hostel (which I also recommend, btw), so it was easy access to the restaurant.

I had a burrito the first time and some sort of shredded beef the second time (sorry for lack of specificty), but both were delicious, flavorful and fresh. The caipirinhas were also super tasty, and the happy hour makes them 2x1, I believe. I sat at the bar the first time, and it was really cool to see the chef preparing the food. The second time I sat at a table, and I felt the service was a little better but still not great. The food was worth the mediocre service, but I would advise against going in a large group.

Would recommend!

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We ate here one night the atmosphere was buzzy, the service was average. we had main courses only my husband said his burritos were nice, I had the chicken breast with chimmichurri coriander mash and salad. This would have been one of my tastiest meals in Colombia although also the most garlicky, it was lovely but half the chicken wAs pink inside and the texture wAs raw in my mouth, If I could speak good Spanish I would have asked for it to be cooked properly, but I didn't bother. The wAiter saw my plate said nothing and did not tell the chef it just went in the bin. Such a shame as probably the nicest Mexican I have tasted.