Zuana Beach Resort
$159
$128
$214
$206
Casa Verde Hotel(Santa Marta)
$67
$78
1,749 results
All reviewsnew towerclose to the airportstar resorttoaster ovenfood in the main restaurantcharged pesosnice resortthe wi fiinternational hotelpools are greatkids poolel rodaderorestaurants and barstayrona national parkdoggiesfantasticobeaches
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Zuana says that the resort has wheelchair access. It is true that almost all of the public areas are accessible by ramps (most of which are easily managed by a solo roller), but the guest rooms are NOT accessible without assistance.
There are a handful of adapted rooms which are accessible, but the majority of the rooms have a 5-6 inch step to get in. I am a very capable wheelchair user, but am not able to enter my room without help. Once in the suites all is on one level and very rollable.

Room Tip: Sea view available from all Tower 2 rooms. The higher up the better.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2014

It is a very well located place where you can watch beautiful sunsets. There are swimming pools for children. The breakfast buffet have a variety of tropical fruits. the rooms are spacious, clean, nice. the beach is clean and you can walk. They offer the opportunity to visit other places. people are very friendly..

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Clara16Patricia
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

7 swimming pools, 2 bowling alleys (randomly) and an excellent view from our balcony. Loved our stay here, will be coming back. Close to the airport, mini supermarket onsite...and bars, of course. Only negative point was the swarm of wasps/bees that interrupted our poolside lunch.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Matt H
Reviewed May 16, 2014

First let me tell you... I spend 300 nights a year in hotels around the world. Zuana...... Great rooms, fantastic air conditioner. I arrived after a long work day at 10 pm. So I said, I will have room service for dinner.......wrong choice...... The hotel DOES NOT HAVE A 24 HOUR RESTAURANT. so they think they are getting away with it. Lets rethink about it. A HOTEL IS APLACE THAT HAS 24 HR. ROOM SERVICE. Am I right? please correct me if I am wrong. So I am stuck at the most pricey hotel in Santa Marta and no food at all. Come on.
There you have it. in my concept, they should be names Zuana Residences.

Room Tip: Choose another country for your vacation.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mauriciopardo
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I booked the hotel via hotels.com and prepaid for all but ~$49. The additional ~$49 was due upon checkin. When I checked in, the hotel overcharged my card ~$150. They said they would issue a credit, but the credit didn't show up on my credit card account until weeks later. Actually, they issued the credit the day after I disputed the charge with my credit card issuer.

Also at checkin, the hotel insisted that we purchase accident insurance. As it was described, the accident insurance provided the same coverage that my medical insurance was already providing. It took me about 5 minutes to convince them that I didn't need accident insurance, and I was asked to sign a waiver to decline coverage. I signed the waiver, and that should have been the end of the discussion about accident insurance. However, when I checked out, I saw that the hotel had added a daily accident insurance charge onto my invoice. I insisted that they remove the charge, and after more discussion, a 15 minute wait for a manager, and a discussion with the manager, the insurance charges were removed from my invoice and I settled my account.

The room itself was very clean and quiet, but the bed and sofa beds were hard as a rock. Also, housekeeping only provided 1 super thin blanket (thinner than a towel) and 1 super thin pillow for each sofa bed. The hotel grounds are fairly well-maintained, but.... The wind picked up around 3pm each afternoon and blew newspapers and empty cups into the swimming pool. Hotel staff made no effort to remove trash from the pools or the decks in the afternoon or evening. I assume that it was removed at the crack of dawn because the pools were clean each morning at breakfast.

A word of caution. At least 2 of the palm trees on the hotel grounds have hornets (or wasps?) nests in them. I discovered one while laying in a bed on the beach underneath the tree and the other while standing in a swimming pool and looking up at the a tree beside it. I'm glad the nests didn't blow out of the trees when I was around.

Even though the hotel attempted to overcharge me twice, I would probably stay there again. Why? Because it's close to the airport, and I none of the other hotels looked like better options.

Room Tip: Request Tower 2. It's newer.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family