Zuana Beach Resort
$84
$77
$102
$98
Casa Verde Hotel(Santa Marta)
$67
$211
$200
1,756 results
All reviewsnew towerclose to the airportstar resorttoaster ovenfood in the main restaurantcharged pesosnice resortthe wi fiinternational hotelpools are greatkids poolel rodaderorestaurants and barstayrona national parkdoggiesfantasticobeaches
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

7 swimming pools, 2 bowling alleys (randomly) and an excellent view from our balcony. Loved our stay here, will be coming back. Close to the airport, mini supermarket onsite...and bars, of course. Only negative point was the swarm of wasps/bees that interrupted our poolside lunch.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Matt H
Reviewed May 16, 2014

First let me tell you... I spend 300 nights a year in hotels around the world. Zuana...... Great rooms, fantastic air conditioner. I arrived after a long work day at 10 pm. So I said, I will have room service for dinner.......wrong choice...... The hotel DOES NOT HAVE A 24 HOUR RESTAURANT. so they think they are getting away with it. Lets rethink about it. A HOTEL IS APLACE THAT HAS 24 HR. ROOM SERVICE. Am I right? please correct me if I am wrong. So I am stuck at the most pricey hotel in Santa Marta and no food at all. Come on.
There you have it. in my concept, they should be names Zuana Residences.

Room Tip: Choose another country for your vacation.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mauriciopardo
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I booked the hotel via hotels.com and prepaid for all but ~$49. The additional ~$49 was due upon checkin. When I checked in, the hotel overcharged my card ~$150. They said they would issue a credit, but the credit didn't show up on my credit card account until weeks later. Actually, they issued the credit the day after I disputed the charge with my credit card issuer.

Also at checkin, the hotel insisted that we purchase accident insurance. As it was described, the accident insurance provided the same coverage that my medical insurance was already providing. It took me about 5 minutes to convince them that I didn't need accident insurance, and I was asked to sign a waiver to decline coverage. I signed the waiver, and that should have been the end of the discussion about accident insurance. However, when I checked out, I saw that the hotel had added a daily accident insurance charge onto my invoice. I insisted that they remove the charge, and after more discussion, a 15 minute wait for a manager, and a discussion with the manager, the insurance charges were removed from my invoice and I settled my account.

The room itself was very clean and quiet, but the bed and sofa beds were hard as a rock. Also, housekeeping only provided 1 super thin blanket (thinner than a towel) and 1 super thin pillow for each sofa bed. The hotel grounds are fairly well-maintained, but.... The wind picked up around 3pm each afternoon and blew newspapers and empty cups into the swimming pool. Hotel staff made no effort to remove trash from the pools or the decks in the afternoon or evening. I assume that it was removed at the crack of dawn because the pools were clean each morning at breakfast.

A word of caution. At least 2 of the palm trees on the hotel grounds have hornets (or wasps?) nests in them. I discovered one while laying in a bed on the beach underneath the tree and the other while standing in a swimming pool and looking up at the a tree beside it. I'm glad the nests didn't blow out of the trees when I was around.

Even though the hotel attempted to overcharge me twice, I would probably stay there again. Why? Because it's close to the airport, and I none of the other hotels looked like better options.

Room Tip: Request Tower 2. It's newer.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank fancywt
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The resort is beautiful. I personally prefer the original building, referred to as Tower 1, though it is not a tower. Tower 2 is newer, with higher floors, its own lobby, spa, outdoor infinity pool with slide and beach view, but the overall space feels small compared to the layout of the other, where there is a much bigger pool and palm trees. I loved my one bedroom unit, 103, on the ground floor, with the slider opening to the sand, and a beautiful view of the beach in front, close to everything the resort offers, restaurant, mini supermarket with yammie local ice creams, tennis courts, bar, hospitality suite after check out ...
When I arrived the curtains were a bit dusty with sand and they were washed immediately. The best meal at the restaurant was one buffet from the various Colombian regions, otherwise it was overpriced for what it offers. The beach is long and nice to take walks, the water is warm but the sand is black with coal particles blowing from the barges, even visible from the plane before landing. Security is awesome, 24 hours, and vendors on the beach are polite, though you can find better bargains in Rodadero, a nice little town, 5 minutes drive. This resort should provide a complimentary shuttle to Rodadero and Santa Marta. At the moment the only option is taking taxis or bus. The resort offers tours but they depend on the number of people filling the group, so I ended up doing only one tour with them and doing others with Marlow, owner of Leomar tour, cell. 3173195554, though you have to pay cash, either dollars or pesos. I visited Playa Blanca, Playa Cristal, Rio Guachaca and Buritaca, Santa Marta, Cartagena to Isla Baru Playa Blanca in the Rosario islands and they were all beautiful places. If I had had one more week I would have liked to visit Cabo La Vela, overnight, in Guajira, Minca in Sierra Nevada, and the Tayronaka tour. All together, the area is very nice, clean, safe, with dry heat and breeze. No mosquitoes, though if you go when it is the rainy season, it is recommended to do the yellow fever vaccination at least 8 days before getting there. If you like souvenirs, go with an empty luggage and bring back their wonderful artisan purses, either handmade by the indigenous from Guajira, very colorful, or from the Arawak of Sierra Nevada in raw wool, or from local artists in leather. They are beautiful. There are also necklaces, bracelets, ear rings, in various stones, similar to the ones you find all over the Caribbean. They sell coca tea, delicious and therapeutic, not to be confused with cocaine. The typical dish served wherever you go is fish with coconut rice and fried plantains, really good. If you speak Spanish it helps getting better deals on everything, but at the resort they speak good English and prices are set.

Room Tip: It depends if you like pool view or beach view, if you prefer high floors with panoramic views or easy access outside, but they are all nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank laurapoint
Socialmediazuana, Director Comercial at Zuana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Ms Laura.
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Zuana Beach Resort in Santa Marta in the not distant future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This reort is very luxurious. The beach is fantastic as are the pool areas. The accomodation can be booked so you literally walk straight out onto the beach. Santa Marta town itself in a good 10 to 15 minute taxi ride. Halfway there is a smaller town of Rodederro. There are some shack type local restaurants along the main road if you feel like mixing it with the locals. Though the hotel stall will advise against this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family