“Horrible first impression ...Worst Doorman service ever!”
Review of Zuana Beach Resort

Zuana Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Santa Marta
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my 4 kids to spend the day at this resort since it was my first time reuniting with them in years. At the the first gate I was stopped by gate keeper and asked (in a very unfriendly and not-welcoming manner) what I needed, I explained that I wanted to spend the day and wanted to purchase 5 day passes and so he directed me to a second gate further down the road where I was not greeted by Doorman Maximiliano Pabon and in a non-welcoming tone of voice he asked me .."Yes?" Now I explained this doorman about what my intentions were and he told me that I needed to go back to the other gate (gate from which I was told to come to him), So I told him I just came from this other gate and attendant had forward me to him that I wasn't gonna go back to the other gate and that I needed to go inside and talk to the front desk agents where he in a very aggravating tone of voice told me that it wasn't possible.... that I needed to go back to talk to the first gate attendant and Mr. Pabon closed the door on my face! At this point I was getting very stressed and aggravated by this individual. I asked for him to call me a manager and he bluntly refused to and said I need to go back to the other gate. Happens that a Bell attendant (I'm guessing he was) heard me complaint and went inside and talked to the front desk clerk and authorized this doorman to let me in. This front desk clerk helped me in getting those day passes and heard my complaint, apologized tried to calm me down (Ironic that the place I had chosen to relax and enjoy my reunion got me on such of high level of discomfort and stressed all in front of my kids).

I asked to talk to a manager and I was told managers were in a meeting, I asked if a manager would come see me and talk to me when the meeting would be finished and pointed to the reception clerk where I would be seated.... A manager never came to see me.

Room Tip: If you are looking for excellence in service go elsewhere. Not worth the money you spend there.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alex L
There are newer reviews for Zuana Beach Resort

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We go here annually - we have a time share - the place is nice, relaxing. Not 5 star - maybe 3.5 or 3.4 star. It's clean and neat but old and needs maintenance. They have added a brand new building on the ocean with 16 floors which is nice. The food is average at the restaurants - compared with other resorts in Cabo San Lucas, Cancun and Baru the amount of selection and quality is average. Here for dinner they have maybe 3 tables of food - one of entree's with 4 or 5 selections and sides.. Nothing elaborate or incredible by any means. It's a nice place to go and hangout even if it's only 5 km from your house...

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HK2LS
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The organization I work for was hosting a workshop with people from more than 10 different countries. Arranging logistics with the corporate department was absolutely easy and pleasant. All our guests were very happy and no one had complaints. The hotel is beautiful, especially the "modern" part as they call it (there's an old and a new building) and the pools. The conference rooms are new and the gorgeous view is a little bit distracting (and I mean this in a good way!) The food was very good but not great. I found the buffet to be a little bit expensive. Overall this is a great hotel to either have a nice family vacation or host a corporate/business event.

Room Tip: Rooms in the modern (new) building are nicer!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Todo estuvo muy bien, la limpieza de las habitaciones no es del 100% como otros hoteles, pero si de un 75%. En la zona se puede ir al mejor sitio del mundo, el parque Tayrona. Igualmente lo recomiendo y la zona es brutal! Muy tranquilo todo si su objetivo es descansar! La comida no es la mejor, pero si es fresca.- ( english) Everything was Ok, the cleanning is not for the 100% of the room, it's more like 75% but the area is the best! It's near by the best place in the world " the Tayrona national park". Anyways I recommend this hotel because it's really comfy, calm, relaxing and spacious. The chicks are really beautiful around here. The area is awesome! The food is not the best! but it's fesh anyways.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Alejandrotovar1
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed three nights at Zuana Beach. The room was very large and comfy. Loved all the pools and cocktail happy hour. Breakfast buffet was plentiful. Had dinner on the bbq night, lots of salads which I enjoyed as a change from plantain and rice which comes with almost every meal on the Caribbean coast. Had a very helpful bellboy, who spoke excellent english. He helped us organise a private tour to Tayrona with one of the taxi drivers we had been using to go into Santa Marta/Taganga. Would definitely recommend Zuana Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay at Zuana during the weekend of Nov 2-5. The building in which I was had problems with the Power Generator and we were left in various occasions without elevators (I was in floor13th!). We wait for 20 minutes without having anybody from the Hotel explaining the situation or asking our comprehension. The front desk man jus says we have a problem with the Power Generator you should wait.
I experienced the same situation three times during my stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed in the new tower and it's really nice everything in the hotel is spotless, the facilities are unbelievable, the gym is amazing, the jacuzzis and the pools as well. Rooms are big and comfortable. Service is pretty good too.. It is a bit far from town but if you want to relax its a great spot, the food is good, but if hv the buffet everyday you will be missing out on the delicious local food.

• Stayed: September 2012