“Good diving, very friendly instructors”

Felipe Diving Center
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good diving, very friendly instructors”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Not having dived for 2 years (since I did my open water, I was a bit nervous). I don't think Felipe offers the Padi Qualification but he does quick courses for people who've never dived before, so I did one of these as a refresher. They all speak both Spanish and English which is great for learning Spanish but also you know that you have the security of being understood if you have any worries. Good equipment. I particularly enjoyed diving with Peachy. He's a gem. I ended up going out three times and really enjoyed it. They highlighted any problems I had and tried to teach me how to do it better (such as reminding me that the safety stop is there for reason). They try and take you to different places every time if you dive a few times with them. You just turn up at 8.30am and go off. I very much enjoyed diving with them.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank RJC74

Sydney, Australia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Undoubtely: best divers in Old Providence!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I chose to dive with Felipe because his skills are well recognized by different divers and dive centres in Bogotá, where I come from. Now I know I made the best decision. I certified as a PADI advanced open water diver with them, and they made a great job teaching and correcting me every time I made a mistake, always with a smile in their faces. The also know the Island and the dive sites as the back of their hand, so with them we visited the most beautiful, exciting diving sites of the island. In fact, Felipe discovered the majority of dive sites in Old Providence, even one of them is called Felipe's place. Everyone working with Felipe are the nicest people. I learned a lot with them, had a great time diving, chatting and laughing, and I expect to go back some day to dive again with them.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Melissa T
Sao Paulo, SP
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“This is the place!!!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Super friendly staff. Pichi is super fun to dive with! Equipment is well maintained and they really care about how you're gonna feel about your experience. One day we went to the place where we would make our second dive and from the boat they could see visibility was not good. They went back to the island to get more gasoline and we sailed around the island until we found a spot where visibility was OK. I can think of a number of dive operations that would just drop us in the first place to save time and gas.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank linasantiago
Muttenz, Switzerland
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Fabolous time with Felipe's team!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed a week on Providence and for 5 days went out with Felipe Diving.
We had all our own equipment and didn't need their rental. Their tanks and valves were new, so all good on the equipment side.
They seem to be the busiest dive shop which ensures you that there is daily operation. Also our guide, Ignacio, always asked for our opinion when suggesting dive sites, in the 5 days (10 tanks and a night dive), we only repeated one site.
All dives are boat dives, about 10-20min from the shop.
Marine life were lucky enough to see: reef shark (nearly on every dive), trigger fish, morays, eels, king crabs, barracuda, spotted eagle ray, sting ray, langosta, parrot fish, trumpet fish, and lots more....
Providence is a remote but well worth it diving spot, and we would any time dive again with Felipe!

Visited January 2013
Lima, Peru
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome diving experience!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent a week in Providencia and dove exclusively with Felipe Diving Center. The staff at Felipe's is incredible... friendly, accommodating, helpful, and trustworthy. We were traveling with our 5 month old son and were able to hire Felipe's daughter to watch him while we dove. We trusted her with our son above water and trusted our dive master's with us under water! We appreciated the way they split divers up into an advanced group and an open water group, as this gave us a chance to do deeper dives with more experienced divers. And, HOLY SHARKS! We had an awesome time watching sharks on every dive gracefully swim within meters of us! Overall, we had an awesome diving experience with Felipe and his crew!

Visited December 2012