We had a family get together and had 4 rooms booked. Our room didn't have any hot water or water pressure in the shower. Maintence came to check out the problem and told us the water heater was old and there wasn't anything he could do. We checked out of our room and stayed with our daughters. We found that the safe in the room was unusable and left in the closet from the previous owner of the hotel. On Saturday our room hadn't beeen cleaned at 4:00pm so they sent someone to do the job. My husband was in the room and observed they didn't vacuum or clean the bathroom. Daily we cleaned up dead bugs on the window sill. One of the window panes on the door leading out to the pool was also cracked. For $300.00 plus per night we were expecting clean and comfortable. We were very disappointed and I would not recommend this hotel or ever stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As historic Asbury Park's premier boutique hotel, The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel enjoys a prime location along the New Jersey shoreline just steps from the famed boardwalk. Designed by noted Beaux Arts architect Warren Whitney of New York, the hotel recently underwent a renovation of historic proportions and is poised to experience the renaissance of this nineteenth-century seaside destination. Modern luxuries complement the classic grandeur of this 238-room famous hotel, with a nod to the Victorian architecture and oceanfront glamour of Asbury Park's storied past. The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel embodies everything that is the revitalization of the famed Jersey Shore and itself represents the rebirth of this cultural icon. The Berkeley offers a bar and restaurant during the summer season only. Parking is available in our lot at an additional cost. Parking is provided on a first come, first serve basis as it is limited. The Berkeley prides itself on being a pet friendly hotel. Pet friendly rooms are offered on a designated floor at an additional cost. A complimentary coffee service is available daily from 7 AM to 11 AM for all overnight guests. For questions or concerns, please reach out to the email provided on our general information page. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berkeley Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Asbury Park