This hotel has the worst staff. Very very rude employees at the front desk that do not want to help at all and do not know how to speak to a customer properly. I explained to the employee at the desk that I was told about a reduced rate over the phone and his reply was "how do I know you're not lying". Check out is at 11 AM and hotel staff knocked on our door at 930 AM telling us to check out which has never happened to me at any hotel. I found a huge cockroach in the main lobby. The windows in the room are very dirty. The metal part of the iron in my room was broken and ruined my clothes. The main bathroom downstairs is disgustingly dirty, broken beer bottles and glass on the floor, some toilets out of order. The drain in my bathtub was not working. You have to pay for parking $21 per day which is ridiculous and wifi is not free. For rooms at this price, this hotel has nothing to offer..no microwave, no mini fridge. Even the morning coffee that they offer is only available for a very brief amount of time. I will NOT be returning to the Berkley; disappointment is an understatement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As historic Asbury Park's premier boutique hotel, The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel enjoys a prime location along the New Jersey shoreline just steps from the famed boardwalk. Designed by noted Beaux Arts architect Warren Whitney of New York, the hotel recently underwent a renovation of historic proportions and is poised to experience the renaissance of this nineteenth-century seaside destination. Modern luxuries complement the classic grandeur of this 238-room famous hotel, with a nod to the Victorian architecture and oceanfront glamour of Asbury Park's storied past. The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel embodies everything that is the revitalization of the famed Jersey Shore and itself represents the rebirth of this cultural icon. The Berkeley offers a bar and restaurant during the summer season only. Parking is available in our lot at an additional cost. Parking is provided on a first come, first serve basis as it is limited. The Berkeley prides itself on being a pet friendly hotel. Pet friendly rooms are offered on a designated floor at an additional cost. A complimentary coffee service is available daily from 7 AM to 11 AM for all overnight guests. For questions or concerns, please reach out to the email provided on our general information page. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berkeley Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Asbury Park