I understand they renovated an old buildnig, but finish work is lacking, its like they slapped up some paint, cool furniture, nice wallpaper but once they got to a certain point they stopped.
For the qulaity of the rooms, I feel the room rates are high considering what you get!
Not to mention the worst part is the walls are paper thin and when people were talking in the hallway we felt like they were in the room with us. Glass shower door is odd? 1 out of 3 elevators was not working during our stay which was a bit annoying. No customer service "warm and fuzzy welcome to our hotel" script was said at check in at all. I'm big on customer service so this irked me.
They are one of the only hotels in town so they do have the market cornered in that aspect. You can't beat the location. Walking distance to the beach and boardwalk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As historic Asbury Park's premier boutique hotel, The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel enjoys a prime location along the New Jersey shoreline just steps from the famed boardwalk. Designed by noted Beaux Arts architect Warren Whitney of New York, the hotel recently underwent a renovation of historic proportions and is poised to experience the renaissance of this nineteenth-century seaside destination. Modern luxuries complement the classic grandeur of this 238-room famous hotel, with a nod to the Victorian architecture and oceanfront glamour of Asbury Park's storied past. The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel embodies everything that is the revitalization of the famed Jersey Shore and itself represents the rebirth of this cultural icon. The Berkeley offers a bar and restaurant during the summer season only. Parking is available in our lot at an additional cost. Parking is provided on a first come, first serve basis as it is limited. The Berkeley prides itself on being a pet friendly hotel. Pet friendly rooms are offered on a designated floor at an additional cost. A complimentary coffee service is available daily from 7 AM to 11 AM for all overnight guests. For questions or concerns, please reach out to the email provided on our general information page. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berkeley Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Asbury Park