I stayed at the Berkeley this past Saturday the 21st. It was my first time to Asbury Park and i enjoyed it a lot. the hotel itself is a very old building (i asked them how old they said it was built in 1926) but still had modern ammenities. check in was quick and easy. on the way up to the room we rode a brand new elevator and on the way down we rode what appeared to be an older one. we asked the desk about this, they said they just installed on brand new elevator and is in the process of installing another. we stayed in a a king deluxe room and it was awesome, spacious with high cielings-very clean- comfortbale bed, just overall a more unique hotel room then we've ever stayed in.
parking was a bit of an issue at first because there was so much going on that day and of course a beeautiful day at the beach,,but we found a spot on the street not far from the hotel.
we had dinner and a few drinks in the Dauphin grille before we went out. suprisingly didnt need reservations but they recommended reservations during the summer. the food was excellent and the bar tenders were very nice and informative. they let us know that when the pool opens for the summer that they will have the tiki bar out there.
eveything we needed for that night was within waling distacne right there on the boardwalk. the Aqua bar inside convention hall, the stone pony, and the watermark lounge.
overall, i would stay at this hotel anyday over some best western or holiday inn. this place and so much charecter, i feel honored to have had the oppurtunity to stay in such a building with the history it does. i would recommend this hotel to my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the Jersey Shore, just a few steps from the famous Asbury Park boardwalk, the Atlantic Ocean provides gorgeous panoramic views and the ultimate setting for your relaxing getaway. The Berkeley’s coveted beachfront location has convenient proximity to an array of local hotspots, the most notable is The Stone Pony. Our oceanfront hotel is only an hour away from Philadelphia and New York City, making it easily accessible. Head to the Tiki Bar and enjoy a cocktail poolside under the private cabanas for the ultimate relaxation experience. Or you can soak up the sun on the beach and then head across the street to the legendary Stone Pony. If you are one of lucky ones you may catch a surprise appearance by “The Boss”, Bruce Springsteen. The nightlife is diverse and when you stroll along the boardwalk, you will discover great beaches, great shopping, and delicious dining options. The boutique NJ hotel and the historic seaside community is the ideal venue for your wedding featuring magnificent ballrooms and an expansive rooftop perfect for your ceremony or a sunset cocktail party. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berkeley Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Asbury Park