“Great American Bar/Restaurant”

Ranked #10 of 129 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed November 18, 2013

After eating in many places on our visit to New York Atlantic City and New Jersey...we were taken here by relatives who highly recommended this place and we could see why..
Ambience was warm and friendly with full tables but it did not feel cramped or was the service slow.
There is a great beer/lager menu which they pride themselves on..The food menu is excellent with a lot of variety...I had the lumpwood crab cakes with steamed spinach and brussel sprouts and cubed potato's with a nice dip....The portion size was excellent...not a massive feast which puts me off !
Service was excellent and the bill was very reasonable.
Would highly recommend.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The last time I ate in Asbury Park was probably on the boardwalk in 1972. How good to see life has returned to Asbury, and the Brickwall tavern was a great place to have a casual and tasty tavern meal. The strip steak was just right,and the range of beers, which seems to be everywhere in the USA, was excellent. The main meals come with two sides and I enjoyed the Brussels sprouts and the Idaho potatoes. Good value, very good service and for a Monday night the place was pretty busy. Definitely go there, though AP is full of very enticing places, a far cry from pizzerias and frozen custard on the boardwalk!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

While I appreciated the southern themed menu and was pretty happy with the meals we had, I was particularly happy about the craft beer selection and the knowledge and enthusiasm of the staff about their well- chosen draught list. I have high standards when it comes to beer as a home brewer and craft beer seller and found their selection to be the best I had seen in New Jersey since I moved here. Our waitress was studying to become cicerone certified and was able to suggest and communicate the list to us very well. The interior and bar area of the restaurant were pleasantly rustic, and the food menu, while not spectacular, hit the spot. We ate here twice during our visit to Asbury Park.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We happened upon this place about 3 in the afternoon one weekday afternoon after doing a couple of hikes. While nearby restaurants were open but vacant, the Brickwall had lots of patrons, which we took as a good sign. It proved to be just that. I had a blt sandwich with avocado and Granny Smith apple slices that might sound a little strange, but was very tasty. My wife enjoyed her sandwich with sweet potato fries. And we each had an IPA that complimented the food. They have a nice selection of beers and ales, and the ambiance is all sports bar. It's a good place to come in from the weather and refuel.

1  Thank L M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have to say I have been here every season since they opened and have NEVER had a bad meal. This time, although I was hesitant when I ordered the beets and cheese and raddichio? salad, I thought the time had finally come, but nope, it was awesome!! My date had a slider and sweet potato fries, and we had the recommended beer. Yum. Can't wait to do it again soon!

And if you haven't been, this is VERY affordable, with choices even the kids can enjoy, although I took an adult out for a late lunch.