“Coming back strong”

Asbury Park Boardwalk
Ranked #2 of 29 things to do in Asbury Park
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Walked the boardwalk today. Beach was clean looked very inviting lots of space. Parking lots were almost empty. Great beach fries. Felt safe, police were present, lots of families. The Stone Pony was setting up for a concert. Best kept secret on the shore.

1  Thank Bill P
There are newer reviews for Asbury Park Boardwalk

Reviewed August 20, 2013

It is a great Jersey Boardwalk with interesting things to do and see. Some great restaurants!! And the beach is just beautiful. We were surprised how well it withstood Sandy........... Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank BigApple720
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice, pretty, and clean. Sucks that there is a $5 cover fee to walk on to the beach, but totally worth it.

1  Thank Jerry R
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I grew up in NJ and have always lived in NJ. As a child, I visited Point Pleasant and Seaside frequently during the summer. As an adult, I rarely go to "the shore" unless I have a good reason to. Simply hanging out at the shore just doesn't interest me much since I first visited the Caribbean nearly 10 yrs. ago - now THAT is paradise! I visit the shore so infrequently that I had never been to Asbury Park's boardwalk until very recently. The reason? I wanted to check out a specific restaurant on the boardwalk. After dinner, we also randomly took in a game of mini golf and enjoyed some ice cream. I was actually pretty impressed with the boardwalk area - it is not as bad as I had heard it was, and there is more to do than I had anticipated. Yes, there are parts of the area that are dilapidated. There's also a lot of open, unused space. I think if those areas could be cleaned up and filled in with more restaurants, bars, amusements, etc., Asbury Park has the potential to be a Jersey Shore highlight, as it was back in the 50s and 60s. I'm not a fan of the shore, in general, but I would visit Asbury Park again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

With beautiful relics of a bygone age, Asbury Park's boardwalk does not focus on all the 'in-your-face' boothery and souvenir-shop/candy-store/fast food that is the depressing abyss of most New Jersey boardwalks. It has a beautiful waterpark for children/families, easy access and public restrooms, and is generally much more low key than one might expect (but in a good way). Unique shops line one side and the other looks out onto the beautiful beaches of Asbury Park.

1  Thank ehhviino