“YIKES!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Asbury Park
skruuhippie
“YIKES!”
Reviewed December 12, 2009

BED BUGS! May be cheap but totally nasty. Close to the beach and concert hall but I would bring an air mattress not sure if that would help cause bugs can crawl from the floor.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank skruuhippie

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC
Reviewed July 20, 2009

This was the Bates Motel. There were roaches and bed bugs. If I had not been afraid, I would have slept in my car. We have already called the City to ask for an inspection because this place is definitely up to code. There were bugs on the bedside table and in my friends' room they woke up to bug bites. This place was horrible and I am still cringing as I share the story.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank lamk123

Travelers are raving about these Asbury Park hotels

Erie, PA
Reviewed September 25, 2008

I was visiting Jersey, my original home state, from Erie, PA recently, and one day, while checking out the progress of Asbury Park, I came across this motel. Asbury used to have so many motels, but this is the only one remaining now (as far as I know). I encountered no problems, the beds were comfortable, and they offer cable TV, something some more expensive motels in Monmouth County don't even have. I recommend this motel for anyone visiting the Jersey Shore.

• Liked — People were friendly, the staff, the other tennants, etc.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank johnfenner1976
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for three days. I had to call over 5 times to make a reservation. The first time I was told I called too early (it was a little over a month in advance) and the second time I made the reservation and was told to call back a week before to confirm. I called back a week before and after being on hold for 5 minutes she told me she didn't know how to handle anything about reservation and I left a message. No one called me back and I had to call three more times just to make sure they didn't give up my room. I was told over the phone they had a pool, when I got there they told me they had a pool.. but it would not be open until next year. They just had a hole inthe ground. The hotel smelled like death when I walked in and needed to be aired out for most of the day. There was only one small light in the enitre room and it came from a small lamp. If I needed anything I had to ask for it several times. I got caught in a rain storm and asked for extra towels and he initially refused and said he would bring them later. I was soaked from head to toe and had to argue for my towel. This was a huge mistake and I would never stay there again or ever recomend it to anyone. There were more roach traps than ammenities. The only decent thing was they had a small fridge.

• Liked — The fridge was nice
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JJF84
OceanicInn, Owner at Oceanic Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2009
Our motel is a family owned and operated. I am disappointed to hear about this customer’s experience making a reservation; we recently implemented a process for taking customer reservations are continuously working to streamline it.

The main issue the customer had was with the service receiving towels after being caught in inclement weather. I distinctly remember this customer and we informed her that we would send the extra towels up to her room and did exactly that. This customer took issue with our refund/checkout policies because of bad weather on her last day she wanted to leave late in the evening. As much as we wish it were possible, we cannot control the weather and cannot bend our policies every time it rains.

I would like to remind our future guests that we have been operating this motel for 25+ years and understand that customer service is paramount to a good stay. To that end we do our absolute best to meet your realistic expectations. Please remember it is impossible to get beach side accommodations at our rates. We hope you will consider us for your next visit to the Jersey Shore.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 2, 2005

Oceanic Inn, 201 6th Avenue, Asbury Park (732-988-0300)
Small Motel that was built in the 1950s. It has a pool, and it opened all year. Typical NJ Shore Motel, good if your seeing a concert in the area or at the Stone Pony or Paradise.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hotel Tides
Hotel Tides
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park
Holiday Inn Express Neptune

Been to Oceanic Inn? Share your experiences!