Oceanic Inn
$159
  • Bar/Lounge
$89
The Asbury Hotel(Asbury Park)(Great Value!)
$540
  • Beachfront
$100
$153
HIExpress.com
All reviewscable tvlay your headstay there againolder placewithin walking distanceother hotels in the areamicrowaveboardwalkmattress
Reviewed October 7, 2012

There is no way that anyone can say this place is clean! We were just looking for a clean room to sleep for the night. First of all to check in they buzz you in to get to a plexiglass window. Do to such we requested to see what the room looked like and he gladly gave us the key to room 17. Went to room and immediately opened the door and dead roach upon entering doorway, did a walk through one more dead on rug then another in bathroom. Decor as well was a horror example: frig was written all over with magic marker, small table had people's names initialed and carved on it, frig was sitting perched on top of some old nasty table, bathroom was gross and disgusting. Pool was covered with dirty nasty cover and next to it there must have been about 100 sparkle buckets filled with dead vegetable plants. Went back to give him key and told him about roaches and he replied " oh the exterminator was just here and I guess they didn't clean the room after that". Take my advice please please do not stay here in this obvious roach invested place, I mean it when I say I wouldn't let my or anyone else's dog stay here. also doors open up right into parking lot, no security what so ever. NASTY NASTY GROSS PLACE TAKE ME WORD FOR IT I SEEN IT FIRSTHAND!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank stinkymonks
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Do NOT believe the bad reviews!! I am a single woman from Northern NJ. I was looking for a place close to the beach, safe, clean and reasonable~that's exactly what I got!! I stayed 3 nights & never had to move my car from their free parking lot because everything is within walking distance. Beach and boardwalk are only 1 block away. Owners are very nice people. Room & bed where quite nice. Matttress seemed almost new & was very comfy. Decor was updated. Nice flat screen TV and Wifi. Fridge and microwave are free perks. OK, the bathroom could use some updating & the hot water heater was far from my room, but it was clean. I would definitely return :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank NNJlady
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My friends and I have stayed in this hotel a number of times for concerts at the Stone Pony and let me honestly tell you it is just a dump. The only reason we keep going back is because split for ways it is dirt cheap and we are fresh out of college. If you are going to take the plunge I recommend bringing sleeping bags, towels, shower sandles, a bottle of bleach and a power washer. Seriously the homeless people on the beach have a better night sleep then the patrons at this motel. It would be in your best interest to schedule a doctors appointment right after you get home from your stay at the Oceanic because there is a 90% chance you picked something up. Your best bet with this motel is to get your key, go straight to a bar, get real shimmed up and then go to your room so you do not have to see it with sober eyes.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Ryan Z
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We went to the Oceanic for Bamboozle and this was the closest and cheapest hotel available. We were kind of scared because of other reviews saying that there were bed bugs. I can assure you that we did not have this problem and slept just fine every night.
Great location.
Great Price
Nice & helpful staff.

The place is just a little bit run down(showing its age) but thats why the price is cheaper.

I'd go back anytime!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ronny D
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The Oceanic was highly recommended to me by someone who had stayed there previously. I was there with a friend in late September. We had to wake the clerk...asked him to show us a room....when he turned on the lights BUGS started running all over the room...ROACHES....Big and lots of them. I told my friend to back out...we were only in the doorway thank goodness. The clerk then advised he could show us a room upstairs like the bugs would not crawl upstairs. It was filthy what I was able to see of the room before I literally jumped out of it. We left immediately and went to the Empress right on the Boardwalk. It was immaculate and we did not feel like we were putting the clerk out by checking in and there certainly were no bugs. If you do not like bugs do not go to the Oceanic. The clerk acted like so what.....

Room Tip: Do NOT choose any room if you are smart.
Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends