Oceanic Inn
$199
  • Bar/Lounge
$98
The Asbury Hotel(Asbury Park)(Great Value!)
$375
$135
HIExpress.com
$152
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

All reviewscable tvlay your headstay there againolder placewithin walking distanceother hotels in the areamicrowaveboardwalkmattress
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Stayed at the Oceanic Inn for one nite just to check out Asbury Park. Arrived w/ no res on a Tues daytime. They had many rooms, and it was only 65/nite for one person, which was incredible. I had room 11 on the second floor.
Ok...you do have to check in thru a little window, and slide your credit card thru a slot, but the woman who checked me in was very friendly. Im sure this is just a safety precaution. The room was fine. Freshly painted. the bed was clean and comfortable, the cable TV had many channels, the bathroom was spotless and came w/ 2 little bars of soap (bring your own!). Also a microwave. Nearest store is about 6 blocks away. Note, no wifi.
I arrived on a bicycle from the NYC train, and the gentleman manager was quite concerned about its safety and offered to keep it inside for me (I just put it in the room)
All in all, this was a great find, and not expensive, one block from the boardwalk, safe, clean, and w/ friendly managers.
Divas, whiners and Real Housewives, please stay clear. it is what it is. If you are really fussy and call everything 'gross' because its not a Hyatt, then go pay 3 times the price down the road and spare us your neg reviews. But if you want a basic, clean, well-run motel room right by the ocean, then this is definitely the place to go to in Asbury Park.

Room Tip: Second floor is better, above the cars
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank pinball29
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The deal here is "the deal," which is price, location & parking. You really have to be able to tolerate a budget, (and I do mean budget) motel room situation. The big advantages here are just what I stated above. The price at this time is $75 w/ a $5 cash room key deposit. Great price, I think any place else in the summer is tres expensive since Asbury's oceanfront is experiencing a renaissance. ALSO, an important point is most places won't let you rent a room for only 1 night, which is another plus for the Oceanic. They do. And it's perfect if you're going to a concert as we were because the location is 1 block behind the boardwalk & very near the Paramount & Convention Hall theaters, the Wonder Bar & the Stone Pony. The motel has a free parking lot, which the manager kindly let us leave the car in the next day too. This is important because Asbury has become the town of metered parking everywhere for $1 per hour or $10 per day (not outrageous, but there is no free parking any more anywhere near the boardwalk). Furthermore, the manager was very pleasant & the place seemed safe. Anyway, we (2 women) had no problem. And, we didn't have bedbugs. I never put clothes on the bed in any hotel any more anyway. There was a rack to hang clothes & we hung some, but my husband (a bug expert) always tells me to hang clothes in the bathroom if I have any doubts just to be on the safe side. Anyway, we got no bites. Now the down side is that the room (especially sheets & pillowcases) was pretty shabby. My friend's bed was better than mine. Sheets don't really fit, stain on mine. They have definitely seen better days & would "skeeve out" some people. That's the only thing that really bothered me. But I'm sure they were changed each day. The torn lampshade didn't really bother me. There is a stove, a fridge & good a/c. And, it was quiet. Didn't hear any noise from any other rooms. We were on the 2nd floor. We did notice the next day that the cleaning ladies only had very basic supplies, like a mop & maybe some ammonia. So, it's a "you get what you pay for" situation. We were able to deal w/ it & it suited our needs just fine. I would stay there again if I were going to another concert or event & needed to stay overnight.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank chatnoir
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed at the Oceanic over Memorial Day weekend and will definitely be back. The location is perfect - just a block from the beach - and the rooms and clean and quiet. Who can beat the price?! $70/night! If you are planning on spending a lot of time in your room, this is not the place for you. But if you want to walk to the beach, walk to the boardwalk, and have a clean place to sleep, I recommend the Oceanic.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SimoneyBaloney
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed there 3 nights, great loction right across from the beach and board walk begining. Staff was very friendly and very helpful with directions and were to be and not be. It was only 75 a night wich was way cheeper than hotels around. And they have security there over night which made us (two woman) feel safe. By no means is this a hilton but was def clean.

• Stayed: June 2011
5  Thank Slball34
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Well, when I first went onto this site and saw the reviews, I was skeptical; however, $70 for a night, one block from the beach couldn't be that awful, right?

If you are looking for a 4-star hotel, this is not the place for you; however, if you are looking for clean sheets and towels and a place to lay your head, the Oceanic Inn is a great place. The rooms are old and drab; but who really cares!!! The manager is a sweet man and even called me when I had left my phone charger in the room. How many places do that?!!!!

I will definately stay there again when I visit Asbury Park.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends