“Nice, clean, funky hotel :)”
Review of Empress Hotel

Empress Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Asbury Park
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice, clean, funky hotel :)”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have stayed at the Empress on 3 different occasions. We love the super quick walk to the Stone Pony (which is the usual reason we are in AP) and to wander along the boardwalk that is there.

The rooms are clean and have plenty of room along with a deck which I love when we get home at 2:00am and need some refreshing air!

There is a nightclub in the hotel that will go on until about 2:30am. You do hear the boom boom of club music but in my opinion it helps me sleep - odd I know. Ask for a room on a higher floor further away from the end where the club is.

In the morning there is a very basic continental breakfast that hits the spot for the road trip home - bagels, mini danish, fruit, coffee and tea.

You also get a free admission pass to the club. We love that because after the Pony we still want to dance so we go there before heading back to our room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Empress embodies Asbury...colorful, unpretentious, friendly and lively. I've been coming to the Stone Pony for years and always end up staying here. The staff is friendly and accommodating; professional yet warm.

It's in the process of being renovated and we stayed in one of the newer rooms facing the ocean with a small balcony. There's a club downstairs that goes on until 3 on weekends but we didn't hear a thing. If you're a light sleeper, ask for one of the rooms on the opposite side of the building away from the pool.

Although the rooms are being updated, I hope the lobby keeps it's funky vibe. It's all part of what makes the Empress a fun place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank hasta_el_cielo
pa.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in March of 2012 while attending a Brit Floyd [Pink Floyd tribute band} show at the Paramount theater on the boardwalk. This hotel had a great location,near the beach and only about 3 blocks from the paramount theater which has been restored and is on the national historic list of properties.It is an Excellent place to see a show.The hotel was clean ,the room basic but reasonably priced . The staff very friendly and accomodating.The bedding could definitely use an upgrade though.The hotel is near everything of interest in Asbury park . This was my first return to Asbury park in about 40 years ,I was last there at about the age of 10 so I don't remember much about it back then, but I am glad to see and know they are restoring it after letting it decay for years. It was neat seeing the Old casino building[filmed in the Robert Deniro movie.. 'city by the sea. ,and the old carousel building and the Wonder Bar " etc.,It makes me think back to what Asbury Park must have been like in it's heyday.We would return to this hotel due to it's price,cleanliness and location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank deanroc
Dagsboro, Delaware
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at the Empress from January 26-27. The Empress was such a great place to stay. The front desk workers were sweethearts and the rooms were beautiful. I really appreciated the discount they gave towards the people who were apart of the Beard and Mustache comeptition. Next time I'm in Asbury Park, I will be staying at the Empress again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the boardwalk
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our stay at the Empress was quite pleasant. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and accommodating. We were in town for a charity event and the font desk even donated some money! I personally couldn’t have asked for much more. The rooms were nice and clean and the balcony was a nice bonus. All in all I had a great experience! Thank you!
- Sean Marianetti and the Rochester Beardsmen Society

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We showed up on fri for check in and were met by friendly accommodating staff. We were given our room keys, and headed upstairs. The rooms were spacious and the balcony view to the strip was great.There was a large group of us that came down for a Beard and mustache competition, so at some point over the weekend things were bound to get messy, Well Copious amounts of alcohol at local establishments later they were..lol
We stayed the whole weekend, and after the competition there were more than enough rowdy folically endowed people roaming the halls. At one point a security guard came up and told everyone they needed to head back to their respective rooms or else the Cops would be called. The security stayed and made sure there were no issues, and everyone dispersed. No cops no altracations no problems.
All the staff were great.
Thanks agoain for letting a rowdy bunch of folks show up and showing us a great time.
The Beardsmen

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the emperess january 26-27. for the garden state beard & mustache convention, everything about this hotel is fantastic. I defiantly recommend it for anyone looking to stay in asbury park. Right by the beach, downtown and the asbury lanes. Defiantly will return for many events or just to stay. Love this place.

• Stayed January 2013
Hotel Tides
Hotel Tides
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Neptune

Been to Empress Hotel? Share your experiences!