“Wonderful Wedding Weekend”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Asbury Park
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Wonderful Wedding Weekend”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

28 rooms were booked at the Empress for our daughters wedding....not one issue. Friends and family from at least 4 states are making plans to revisit Asbury Park and can't wait to stay at the Empress again. In organizing flights, I called many times and changed arrival and departure dates and everytime this was done with pleasure by the staff. They were more than accomodating in every way. The rooms were perfect, big and clean, and we loved looking at the views in all directions. The location was ideal for us with the many wedding events taking place within walking distance. I truely felt as though Kristin and her team were looking after my crowd the entire time. Everyone had a great experience at the Empress. I cannot wait to go back and enjoy it again.

Room Tip: We were told that the 4th floor would be less noise from the club and we listened. The far corners...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We needed a weekend away from NYC, so my husband and I with a couple friends decided to spend the weekend here. Overall, the accommodations are just average, but when you add the value of getting into the pool and club for free and how CHEAP the drinks are, and free breakfast, it is well worth it. We also split a room (2 night min stay) which helped with the slightly overpriced room.
All in all, a great quick getaway, close to the NJ transit stop, close to the boardwalk, Korean taco stand, etc...
Would recommend! Bring your own booze and mixers, no liquor store nearby.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms right above the club, and don't spend more for the 'suite;' not worth it...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pradadoc
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Once again The Empress Hotel has shown their true colors of professionalism, hospitality and courtesy to me and my guests. Kristin, Milton, and Josh tended to our every need, no matter how petty it may have seemed, always at our service with a smile and never having to ask them twice. I wouldnt stay anywhere else when i visit Asbury Park. Stayed there July AND August. No Room Service but a nice breakfast spread was in the lobby for the taking ...yes i was designated room service person to bring up to the room lol. No prob. Its all good ;)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bronx, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hi we just decided to go Asbury Park last weekend on an impromtu trip. We had stayed at the Empress last year in late September and loved it. Just decided to call thinking they would not have any rooms and to my surprise they had availability. We arrived on Sunday and met Josh at front desk, he was extremely helpful and so nice even took the time and checked when I was there last year very impressive. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

We had a wonderful stay love this place, easy access to the beautiful beach and boardwalk. Really like the rooms with a balcony great view of the beach & boardwalk. We find it very relaxing staying here and will return for sure.

Room Tip: Love the rooms with ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cailin1957
New Jersey
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Just got back from a 3 day stay at the Empress. Hotel is reasonably priced and clean as well in a great location. We were 1st booked at the Berkeley then I changed it because they did not have any balconies.. And I was glad I did, the balcony is key especially since we had a great Boardwalk and Ocean Views. The hotel is clean and all employees were very nice. Just an FYI - The hotel has a large gay clientelle which seemed to like the pool area, but this did not bother us at all. Liked the place and will definitely return on our next visit back to Asbury as they were very clean and accomodating!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank stinkymonks
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Empress Hotel is very clean, comfortable amd a few steps above the rest in quality. It's quiet ( if you want it to be) or join the parties poolside or in the bar. The staff is sensational, always kind, patient and ready to help. We needed a referidgerator for medications and they supplied it for us.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are super!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Franibaby G
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed this past Saturday night at the Empress. This was my second visit. I just love love love this hotel. I had a spectacular room with a view. The staff is beyond helpful. And I sampled the coffee at the complimentary continental breakfast...delicious. I checked out the pool also. Very clean and larger than I had expected.

I will be back!

Hotel Tides
Hotel Tides
#4 of 6 in Asbury Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Neptune
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Empress Hotel? Share your experiences!