“Relax!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Asbury Park
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Relax!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Empress Hotel is very clean, comfortable amd a few steps above the rest in quality. It's quiet ( if you want it to be) or join the parties poolside or in the bar. The staff is sensational, always kind, patient and ready to help. We needed a referidgerator for medications and they supplied it for us.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are super!
1 Thank Franibaby G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed this past Saturday night at the Empress. This was my second visit. I just love love love this hotel. I had a spectacular room with a view. The staff is beyond helpful. And I sampled the coffee at the complimentary continental breakfast...delicious. I checked out the pool also. Very clean and larger than I had expected.

I will be back!

1 Thank Patti P
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband & I Just drove to the shore & said we were going to Asbury Park this year. We went from the start of the boardwalk to what we called the end & the Empress was the only Hotel there. We were so impressed we just booked our stay. We found out later that is was mostly gay, and it was great. Everyone was so accomadating. I have never felt so at ease on a vacation before. They have everything you need all u have to do is ask for it. We realized that when we left. I would suggest this Hotel to anyone going to Asbury Park. We will be returning next summer. Thanks Guys for a Good Time!!! U really know how to PARTY!!!!!!

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor, and had a great view of the pool area. I would want the same room when we...
2 Thank kitten0212
New York City
Reviewed August 25, 2012

When I started looking around for hotel accommodations in Asbury Park, my expectations were not high.
What I found however really grabbed my attention.
I found the Empress Hotel quite by accident and the rates were really reasonable so I booked it. I figured that we wouldn't be in the hotel that much since there is so much to do on the Jersey Shore. In short, I was expecting very medioce accommodations and figured I would just have to deal with it.
We were pleasantly surprised to find a very well located property with VERY clean rooms, super comfortable beds and a helpful and friendly staff...We even had a room with an ocean view!!!
Kristen, at the front desk, couldn't have been more outgoing and helpful. She truly possesses what any hotel property looks for in a customer service professional.
Even the lifeguard working at the pool was so very friendly and fun. The staff really helped to make our stay a complete pleasure.
So.... for going above and beyond the expectations of these travelers, I give the Empress Hotel high scores.

2 Thank David L
Staten Island NY
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I debated with myself between 3 & 4 stars but the overall experience made me lean toward the better. Decided I needed a NJ Shore excursion before the summer is over and am happy I chose midweek here. Arrived early on Tuesday for four days and was accommodated with a very nice room at the internet rate. Very clean, luscious bedding, a balcony overlooking the "strip" and beach.

Initially taken back by the quirky lobby area (scattered sofas, chrome & leather seating, pinball machines, neon string lighting and a makeshift lounge) I asked to see a room and subsequently decided to stay. I later learned this is a rockin place on the weekends with the Tabu Restaurant and Club Paradise.

Regardless, I was not disappointed with my stay. The pool was crystal clear and there is food & beverage service available poolside. Service staff across the board was spot on.

I should mention the hotel and Asbury Park in general is very gay friendly. While I'm not gay, it doesn't bother me, but it may be offensive to some.

Downsides... the carpets throughout are dirty. dirty. Did I say dirty? But that was the only thing.. I'd wear slippers or flip flops anyway.

The hotel offers a nice perk for its guests...you can stay and enjoy the pool on day of checkout for a nominal fee. My only other comments are...parking can be tough, plan accordingly. Beach entry is $5-6

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Mifflinville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here with my mother for a few days away at the beach. She had been here before, I had not. It was pretty much what I expected. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. When we got to our room and I realized it was not an ocean side, I went to ask if we could switch and they did it in minutes! They were awesome about it! We didn't have any trouble with noise or crowds, as we stayed through the week. Everyone was nice, the room was clean and the balcony perfect. The bathroom was a little small, but who cares? Also, we did not have a fridge, but I knew this ahead of time and brought a cooler for a few things! I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean side if you don't want to stare at the pool scene!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank myshels
Utica, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here for a week and it was perfect. Reasonable rates, even during a peak season, and lots of perks. We had some questionable weather a couple days where we didn't feel like wasting our money for a beach pass only to stay for an hour, so we went to the pool. There is a ton of seating for relaxing by the pool, and there's a bar right there on the deck so we could enjoy some drinks. They allow people who aren't staying to use the pool, but it costs $10 a day, so including it with our stay was great. We also visited the night club which also has a cover charge unless you are a hotel guest.
The rooms are basic, but very clean and spacious. Our balcony had a beautiful view overlooking the beach. The staff are very accommodating and helpful. They have off-street parking but it fills up very quickly, so I would recommend keeping your car there and walking or biking around. The Empress is right across the street from the boardwalk, but also within walking distance to the downtown area with many restaurants, bars and shops.
All in all, our stay at The Empress was flawless. I would absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: Fourth floor on the beach side is quiet and has the best views.
1 Thank Jessica S
Hotel Tides
Hotel Tides
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Neptune
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Empress Hotel? Share your experiences!