“First Timers”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pascal & Sabine

Pascal & Sabine
Reserve with OpenTable
Pascal & Sabine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Long Branch, New Jersey
“First Timers”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went to Pascal and Sabine's tonight and had an excellent meal. There were 4 of us dining this evening. We started out with 2 of us having the French Onion Soup which was one of the best I have ever had. The others had escargot and the roasted beets, which were both excellent as well. 2 in the party had the filet mignon which was delicious. The other lady had the pork chop which was as tender as could be, and I had the duck duo. I have to admit that I did not read the entire description of the duck duo. Had I done so, I would have seen that part of the duo was seared duck. I am not fond of raw meat, so I did not enjoy that part of it. The duck leg was very good. We ending the evening with 2 shared desserts and they too were great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Reservations highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014

Colts Neck, New Jersey
“C'était délicieux”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

It was an amazing meal...We wanted to see what all the hype was about & glad we did... Beautiful Space; excellent bar & top notch service... Valet parking right next door is a major plus in Asbury on the weekends... Had 3 delicious appetizers.. Foie Gras ; hey whenin France :) ... amazing roasted beets & the fried baby artichokes... all very tasty... For diiner we both had the soft shell crab special... great wine list & leave room ( if possible ) for dessert... Give it a shot; Meg hits another home run in Asbury !!!

• Visited May 2014
Naples, Florida
“Nice addition to Asbury Park”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Had a wonderful family dinner at Pascal & Sabine, fun place and great food. The coq au vin and the Skate were a delight. My daughter loved her hamburger. Nice addition to the culinary scene in Asbury Park.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank facca
New Jersey
“Check your bill”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Pascal and Sabine advertises Happy Hour 5-7 and advertises "select bottles of wine $25". We had a reservation for 6:30 Friday night. We arrived to a chaotic scene at the door as you walk right into the bar area. The place is beautiful... but the hostess was caught up in the chaos and was not at the door to welcome you. We finally found the hostess who seated us at a nice booth table. No banquettes here which is nice and gives you nice privacy for dining. Since there weren't many diners at that hour but plenty of people at the bar....we were served in good order. The place is noisy as there's no real separation from the dining room and the bar area.

We requested the $25 bottle of wine as advertised. However our server told us it was only available at the bar. Really?? Ok....so we ordered the $30 Picpoul de Pinet Languedoc. A nice wine as we enjoy wines from the Languedoc region. However, when the bill came we were charged $35 for the bottle. When I questioned the server, his response was that the wine list had just changed. Really??? I don't buy that. if he would have apologized and said I made a mistake...that's believable. While he was an affable server....I have to question either his veracity...or management's.

OK. The food....good to very good...but certainly not excellent. We started with the lentils as an appetizer which was outstanding . The beet salad with crème fraiche was also very good. However the main course of mussels in white wine sauce were somewhat overcooked and swimming in way too much broth. The coq au vin was tasty while a side order of pommes frites were too thick and not crispy enough for our taste.

The ambiance of the restaurant is very nice and upscale. The food for the most part also passes muster. We just question whether we were purposely being taken as "tourists". I think so.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank euromaster
Freehold NJ
“Perfect”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Have been here twice, once for brunch with wife and daughter, 2nd time for dinner. Both occasions were exceptional. Atmosphere is amazing, cocktail list has some outstanding selections, and food is spot on. A great addition to the Asbury Park food scene, and reservations online a definite plus. Prices are a bit on the high side, but for the quality and service it would not stop me from going back. For brunch 8 yr old daughter loved the Kobe Burger with duck fries, and waiter was surprisingly accommodating to make sure she was happy. Not something you get at many restaurants these days. Can't say enough good things about this place.

• Visited January 2014