“A Great New Dining Addition to Asbury Park”
Review of Pascal & Sabine

Pascal & Sabine
Reserve with OpenTable
Pascal & Sabine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 122 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“A Great New Dining Addition to Asbury Park”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that I went here with high hopes and an expectation to be a bit disappointed. Well I was pleasantly surprised to say the least! This may be my new favorite restaurant in Asbury. The whole package has been done right. From the decor to the bar to the incredible menu, this place just works. We started with cocktails, a lovely combination of scotch and cherry herring and some elderflower and champagne spritzers. Next we moved onto the charcuterie plate highlighted by the chicken liver mousse topped with duck fat. In a word heavenly. For entrees the stand out was the duck confit. We were so full we had no room for dessert. Oh well, next time! Which can't come soon enough!

Visited February 2014

New Jersey
“So glad to have found Pascal and Sabine”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal tonight at Pascal and Sabine. From the Elder cocktail to the chocolate mousse, everything was delicious. And we found the prices very reasonable! The artichokes had such a unique flavor. Cant wait to go back!

Asbury Park, New Jersey
“French cuisine done with panache”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Pascal and Sabine is a new restaurant in the shore town of Asbury Park, NJ, and will become a destination restaurant in the shore area of the state. The interior is a new take on classic French bistro, with updated cocktails, two bars and restaurant seating for small groups to larger parties. The two bar areas also allow guests to eat at the bar on the restaurant menu. The dinner menu emphasizes appetizers, side dishes, salads and main courses. The cheese plate and fois gras were favorites with our party this weekend evening. The food was fantastic--savory, well prepared, with a fine use of herbs, spices and sauces. The duck confit was a favorite of one of our party. The service was attentive and excellent tonight, during mid-January. No reservations accepted but time preferences are available. Brunch menu on the weekends looks terrific, too, featuring pastries, French brunch sandwiches, interesting sides and accompanying cocktails and wine. Wine list features good food pairing choices at local prices. Definitely worth the trip for atmosphere and food. We're locals and will be back as often as possible. Good luck to this new restaurant venture in Asbury Park, another jewel in the crown of this city.

• Visited January 2014
Freehold, New Jersey
“French bistro in Asbury Park”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

One of the definite places to go in Asbury Park, this new bistro is going to raise the standard for all the restaurants around. Decor wise Pascal and Sabine definitely gives one the feel of being in a Parisian bistro with a cool American vibe. A group of friends decided to try it one Monday evening probably a week after the place had officially opened. For a Monday night in December in Asbury Park, it was amazing to see a restaurant crowded. We were able to take advantage of a little lounge section that one encounters when first entering the door. Cocktails served in traditional coupe stemware gave a retro feel and were excellently prepared. Seating for most of the restaurant is banquette style, which again harkens back to a Stork Club atmosphere. The intimacy of the restaurant is enhanced by the subdued lighting and general laid back feel one got upon entering. The menu provided French bistro staples; coq au vin, steak au poivre and, much to the delight of one of my dining companions, skate. We ordered the Charcturie and Cheese platters in order to sample all the offerings. While not stellar, each was a very good example of its type and enjoyed by all. For my entree, I had the coq au vin which was done in a red wine. Extremely flavorful, it was served in a deep, narrow pot which made it just a tad difficult to cut the meat off the bone. According to my friend, the skate was wonderful and extremely tender. There was a prolonged wait for our entrees, 45 mins from the time that we finished our appetizers and I can only attribute this to the newness of the place, but each entree was hot and flavorful according to my other companions. The desert was perhaps the only drawback as the pastry in the tarte tartin was underdone and the chocolate mousse, while extremely chocolatey, it was bitter and needed slightly more sweetness...at least to my palate. I will be interested to see what the restaurant will be like in season as far as standards, fare and experience. Keep also in mind, that as of this writing there was a call ahead for seating, which I would recommend since the actual facility is not that large and it stands to be an extremely popular spot. All things considered, when next in Asbury I will make it a point to go back and I would recommend it to others.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Kevin C
USA
“exceptionnel”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The French word for outstanding is "exceptionnel." Even in French the word understates just how wonderful the new restaurant Pascal & Sabine was on my first visit. While the menu is still expanding, the current selections were memorable. The meal began with a selection of "charcuterie" that included chicken liver mousse, country pate and foie gras. Each was prepared in true French tradition. The main course selections (we were a party of four) were bouillabaisse, duck confit, steak au poivre and provencal chicken. Each was memorable and my bouillabaisse was delicious. The broth was delicate in flavor and complimented the seafood. In addition the potato gratin was creamy with a wonderful blend of flavors. Do not miss the fried baby artichokes served over an appropriate anchovy bread sauce. To finish our hearty meal deserts selected were tarte tatin, poached pear and crème brulee. My tarte tatin was served with a very tasty halved apple in a pie crust blanket. Cappuccino and fine tea capped the meal. My party truly thought Pascal Sebine hit the mark as an exceptional new addition to the growing number of dinning establishments in Asbury Park. Pascal Sabine has it the mark of being the first truly French restaurant in Monmouth County. Many others try but miss. By the way I will not spoil the surprise of the beautiful design of the restaurant by describing it in this review. You have to see it for yourself.

• Visited January 2014