“Not so welcoming...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I came here a few months ago and had a really nice experience for dinner. The fish was fresh and well made, and service was really nice. We just came back during their happy hour special on a Tuesday night with my one year old. There were no high chairs available! We felt unwelcome, and we had to scramble to feed our baby out of a car seat. The manager kept giving us looks as we had to walk around the restaurant with our baby. If you have kids, don't consider going here even during happy hour. I understand that you may not want to have a house full of children, but I would think that if you are trying to attract more people for earlier hours, you could at least have ONE high chair to offer. I don't think I would go back again because of this.

There are newer reviews for Fish Urban Dining

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Located in a converted bank building with huge pillars and large windows, we loved the atmosphere. They also have a great bar and a cool large party room which is located inside the old vault. The food was exceptionally good as were the cocktails. We had the Big Eye and the Salmon. Our waitress was amazing and we loved talking with her about her adventures. I have to say that of all the restaurants we've eaten at both in Ocean Grove AND Asbury Park, this was one of the best. Expensive but worth every dollar. Nice happy hour menu. We will return.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went in for happy hours/early dinner on Saturday. The bar area seating were nice - glass top, high chairs & comfortable area. Our waiter was very prompt and attentive. Our glasses of water were never emptied. I ordered Asbury Breeze from the happy hour menu, thinking it would be watered down - it tasted so yummy & it went straight to my head quick and this was drinking with food! I can't imagine how drunk I would be if I wasn't also eating. We ordered a few things off the happy hours menu and the size the came out was very impressive. The crispy calamari looks to feed 4 ppl and there were only 2 of us. The clam casino was yummy (came in 3), the beef sliders (2 pieces) have more bread than meat but tasty and the chicken on skewers (3 pieces) was interesting. We couldn't finish it all. I was so full afterward. I would recommend anyone doing the happy hours at this place - it is so worth it.

Quick mention - they have a vault in the back - I guess the building used to be a bank. They turned that into a private dining area - very cool!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

When at the beach you crave seafood. At FIsh Urban Dinning, my husband and I both loved what we got! The king crab legs were amazing, I don't know what they add to their butter but AMAZING! Little spicy but so good. The staff was very friendly and asking how everything was and filling our drinks before they were empty.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Asian Nacho's , fried calamari , fish tacos an IPa and I am done.Love this place , full meals , bar food or a great cocktail.This is place located in an old bank is really a treat.Friendly staff terrific food not your typical boardwalk place.Casual dining but serious food!