“Vegetarian Treat”
Review of Twisted Tree Cafe

Twisted Tree Cafe
Ranked #34 of 122 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Description: Since 2003 Twisted Tree's intention has always been to create an environment that will allow our customers a relaxed opportunity to treat themselves naturally. We are a locally-owned and operated business. We bake and prepare daily so we're able to serve delicious, minimally processed foods with your health & satisfaction in mind. We choose our ingredients carefully, buying local, GMO free & organic whenever possible. Cheers to health and happiness!
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you want food that is freshly prepared, organic, and "not radiated" as stated on the menu, and absolutely delicious, this is the place. Steve and his team prepare delicious salads, sandwiches and beverages that are pleasing to the palate and highly nutritious as well. I had the Focacia Melt and would rate it as one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten! You have the option of eating inside or out--enjoy the fresh air with a wonderful lunch.

2  Thank BillWaring1953
There are newer reviews for Twisted Tree Cafe

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am not vegan or vegetarian (though I used to be) but I really love the food here. Their soups are a particular favorite, but everything I've had has been thoughtfully prepared, and most importantly, delicious. The prices are good, the service was helpful and friendly. Honestly, I can't think of one critical thing to say...definitely recommended!

2  Thank morningdove225
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I'm not vegan. However the friendly clean bright spot on Cookman ave. convinced me that vegan is tasty. The salad was absolutely fresh well prepared and tasty. Everything on the menu looked attractive and well prepared. Owner chefs very welcoming and friendly. They have some dairy like cheese. I will return.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We go here all the time. The menu is clean, fresh and delicious. The baked goods are AMAZING. My boyfriend is extremely skeptical of vegan food, and he absolutely loves this place. The prices are fair for the quality and quantity of food (and considering the trendy area it is located it). DEFINITELY go here.

2  Thank lianna_kristine
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I absolutely love Twisted Tree Cafe. The food is so wonderful, I believe they have won awards for their vegan meatball wrap. The owners are super kind and friendly, and seem to always be present, which is always a good sign. I've had pretty much everything on the menu except the fish, and I have loved every dish. You can pick vegan or dairy cheese. My dad is a staunch cowboy type meat-eater and even he liked it here. They make everything right there at their restaurant and have the most amazing baked goods, like gluten free vegan banana chocolate chip muffins, in addition to all kinds of other homemade treats (cakes, cookies, granola bars and cupcakes....) They also have a great selection of teas and they do smoothies too.
There are always good specials including an every changing selection of vegan gluten-free soups!

The vibe is great, you can relax with friends and play one of their in-house board games or peruse one of their many coffee table style books, all found on a shelf near the front of the restaurant.

It's important to note that they have counter service only, so you order and then they bring it to your table along with drinks and whatever else you ask for- it's fantastic, just don't go expecting a full-service waitress. There is plenty of seating, inside and out, and once you order you sit down at the table of your choice and are serviced by a waitress just like a regular restaurant.

i would highly recommend this place to any and everyone I know, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank jerseysl33