“Shoot me!”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Special occasions
Good for: Special occasions
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I hate to write bad reviews of restaurants but I use and trust reviews from Trip Advisor to find great local restaurants in new places.

Fifteen minutes to get our appetizer of guacamole and salad. It was nothing special. Now the bad part, ninety minutes to get our entrees. Rack of Lamb-overcooked for me and Shirt Steak over cooked for my wife. They failed to bring her rice and beans with the entree. Couldn't find a server to tell her.
There are plenty of much better restaurants in Asbury Park!

There are newer reviews for Bistro Ole

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had reservations last night at 6:30. They made us wait 2.5 hours for our entrees, not the 45 minutes the waitress told us. We were told it was because we were a party of 12 and they decided to feed all the smaller tables first, even those who came after us. "What did we expect?" quote one rude female hostess. They never informed us of this plan until I confronted the management.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We ate at Bistro Ole last week and were very disappointed. I am sad writing this review since we previously loved the restaurant but the ALL items ordered were TASTELESS. We had been to the restaurant a few times before and always had an exceptional meal. Our recent visit was just awful. Everything we ordered tasted like the kitchen forgot to include spices while cooking. Our meals included paella, sea bass and clams in green sauce. Also the meals were clearly made to order because the restaurant was not crowded and the wait once we ordered was very long.

I cannot recommend this restaurant until they fix the major issues in the kitchen.

On a positive note, the staff was very friendly and the sangria mixture was great.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went there on a Saturday nite in anticipation of a fabulous meal but we were terribly disappointed. Food was below average. We waited 1 3/4 hours to get out our main course (we were told that meals were individually prepared and that they took 1 hour to serve). We had to constantly ask the waitress what was taking so long and she said the food takes time. Well when the food finally arrived some of what we ordered was the wrong items. and my strip steak shrunk from the size it used to be. We were VERY DISAPPOINTED. By the way it was not crowed as it used to be on a Saturday night. There were tables galore. if they don't change their current policy of individually prepared food and tiny portions, they will be out of business by September. Don't waste your time going here, unless you don't mind a 2 and a half hour dinner that doesn't come out as you ordered it. Oh the AC wasn't working either.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This used to be one of my most favorite restaurants. Took friends there in anticipation of a fabulous meal but was terribly disappointed. Food was below average. We waited 1 3/4 hours to get out main course (we were told that meals were individually prepared and that they took 1 hour to serve). We has to constantly ask the waiter to refill our water and be didn't provide any updates on when our main course would be served. When asked why it was taking so long to be served, he said the kitchen was small??
With so many other wonderful restaurant options in Asbury, do yourself a big favor and try another location.