“INCREDIBLE” 5 of 5 bubbles

Porta
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waretown, New Jersey
“INCREDIBLE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I'm a pizza connoisseur. I am OBSESSED with this place. The pizza is like nothing you've ever had. Gourmet. Incredible desserts. Great atmosphere, so different, We always get Scott, the server with the waxed moustache. He's super friendly, very knowledgeable, and funny! I can't stay away from this place. My mouth waters when I think of their food. I have even gone there, and ordered and extra pie or 2, brought them home and froze them, for when I have a Porta attack!

Visited January 2014

Brooklyn, New York
“Great Pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Went to this place over the summer. It was a fun vibe, and nice indoor/outdoor atmosphere, though it did get very loud inside as the night went on so not great for conversation. The pizza was really hyped but my group all thought it was just ok. The pasta is delicious though (we had one with spicy sausage that was outstanding) and it's worth going there just for that and some appetizers. Wine selection is decent, and service was ok. It's a good option for a fun night out if you're in the area.

• Visited July 2013
Galloway, New Jersey
“Cool Place, Great Artisan Style Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We came here for a large group party and they put us in the "Monk Room". This place has a really cool vibe, great for big groups, or even just to have a drink with a couple friends. It's literally an old converted garage with picnic tables and benches for seating; real casual. I'm a fan of thin crust pizza so this was right up my alley! I got the Winter Betty, and my husband got the meatball pizza. Both were delicious. But the one dish that caught my attention was the octopus appetizer. WOW! One of the best octopus dishes I've had anywhere. I suggest you come in JUST to try the Octopus, for real!! The staff was very accommodating for such a large group (we had 40 or so people). Obviously just call ahead. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Decibel Level is Ridiculous”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Went there with friends on a recent Saturday night. I would describe the décor as "industrial" -- looks like a factory/warehouse converted to a restaurant with the original concrete floor. While the food was good, we thought prices were slightly on the high side. The real downside was the noise level, which makes conversation with your partner and/or friends nearly impossible. Overall, not a bad option when it isn't busy, but would definitely benefit from implementing some noise reduction techniques.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Delicious vegan pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This place was recommended to us by friends, so we decided to give it a try yesterday. I was happy to see they have vegan pizza on their menu.
The place itself has a really cool ambient, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Service was exceptionally fast.
My pizza was very yummy - I enjoyed it totally.
Recommended.