“Yappy hour!”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Yappy hour!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We love the yappy hour (doggie play day) that the wonder bar hosts on weekends. Annie, my dog, does not go to dog parks, and last summer I was very nervous about her going to theirs. However, Kevin and the rest of the staff made us feel comfortable and welcomed and assured us that no aggressive dogs would be in the play area or they would leave. After three visits, we have never once had a problem. The "doggie" beach is adorable, and the drink specials for the "parents" of the dogs are awesome. All of the people and their pets are super friendly, you will see people from all walks of life hanging out here. It is always a good day at this place, and our only regret is that we live an hour and a half away and our visits are limited.

• Visited May 2014

Linden, New Jersey
“Everyday Fun”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Fun day Sunday for myself and friends. Don't let my 3 of 5 rating set a tone to this read. Arbitrarily speaking It's a full count. Awesome attentiveness of the folks serving. Great Sunday Jam Band delving deep in delivering in the likeness of such Greats, Like The Allmans, Jimi Hendrix, I thought Pig Pen was belting out Lovelight...Great scene. Cool Folks All Around. I guess really what keeps me from giving it a full 5 really only has to do with me. It was a cold ride back along the Ocean up to Union County. I definitely found someplace that I would come back to. Before I forget to mention. I enjoyed the Fried Pickles. Thanks Wonderbar. I also love your dedication our furry friends, "Yappy Hour." Looking forward to the next time.

1 Thank 1020EWR_13
Asbury Park, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best veggie burger I've ever had!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had family visiting, and they wanted a simple lunch. We went to the Wonder Bar. I ordered a veggie burger (thinking it wouldn't be that great). It was the best veggie burger I've ever had (I've eaten many veggie burgers). The Wonder Bar also supports the Steelers, so if your a Steelers fan, you should go there.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Danielle W
New York City, New York
“Had such a blast!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stopped in to the wonder bar one night and there was a Johnny Cash Tribute band and the place was hopping! We had such a good time dancing and watching everyone. The drinks were flowing and very reasonable and the atmosphere was really comfortable and fun. Would love to come back anytime I am in the area..

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank gigigo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“My favourite bar...ever”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I can't rate this bar highly enough...if there were 6 stars I would award them. Arriving late in Asbury Park, we stumbled upon the welcoming lights of the Wonder Bar, where Bruce first saw Clarence play the sax. Atmospheric and authentic, take a seat at the long bar and order a burger while you watch live local bands and the world go by.

• Visited August 2013