“Great little restaurant”

DJ's Deli & Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 120 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Dj's has a separate restaurant and deli. We ate dinner at the restaurant section. We sat outside, as it was a beautiful evening, and we had a great night. My husband had a chicken dish, we ordered a quesadilla off the appetizer menu for our daughter and I had the summer salad. The salad came with a soup, and the main meals came with salad. I am happy to find this restaurant and look forward to coming back.

• Visited June 2014

Eastchester
“Very pleasant evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

DJ helped us plan and execute a dinner for our family and friends prior to our son's wedding. Lovely atmosphere. Appetizers, esp. fried mac/cheese, were excellent. Nice garden salad. Comfort food main dishes, including meatloaf and salmon. Mini dessert trays for each table were delightful. BYOB worked well with a table in the corner where guests could help themselves. DJ was wonderful to work with and his staff were very attentive.

• Visited March 2014
Easton, Pennsylvania
“A Bit of a Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

From the reviews that I read on Trip Advisor, I thought I would have a better dining experience.

My brother and I went to DJ’s at noontime on April 1st. We were able to park on the street adjacent to the eatery. Metered parking was a dollar an hour. It wasn’t crowded with only 3 other customers in the place. We took a seat and our server greeted us promptly and took our drink orders.

I ordered the 12-inch Italian hoagie with everything on it and my brother ordered the hot pastrami sandwich on rye along with an appetizer of hot wings and a side order of sweet potato fries. Although our service was very good, both of us felt it took longer than usual for the food to reach our table. The wings arrived first. There were 10 of them and they had a nice hot tasting flavor along with a bit of crispness to them. They were very enjoyable to devour. A while later our sandwiches arrived. My brother said the Hot Pastrami sandwich was very good. My hoagie was good also, but it was short on peppers and oil and vinegar. That was remedied by the quick action of our server. I also felt that the cold cuts were a bit unbalanced with too much ham and not enough capicola and salami. Also missing were the raw onions. The sandwich did have a nice fresh taste to it and it was filling enough that I took half of it home. I’m very easy going when it comes to these little things that just aren’t the way they should be, so the sandwich short-comings was not an issue to me.

To sum it up, you’ll get a good sandwich from DJ’s, but you might have to work the server to get all the ingredients that you asked for. It’s a nice quaint place for a simple lunch. Oh, and the sweet potato fries never arrived at the table. We didn’t realize that until we were at the end of our lunch, which meant we really didn’t need them after all.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TheSimpleTraveler
Ocean Grove, NJ
“Family food Friday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Once again on a Friday night our go-to place is DJ's. Since finding them a few months ago ,
they are one of our favorite places. With most things under $10 and they deliver would be reason enough to call them; how wonderful that the food is great. Tonight we had the chili, black bear and mozzarella sandwiches. Everything was fresh and very generous portions. With the side of fries it all came out to around $25 and I'm having half of my sandwich for lunch today. To cap it all off, they brought treats for our yapping dog! Since they also deliver lunch and breakfast it won't be long before we call them again.

• Visited March 2014
Toms River
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

This small BYOB is a hidden gem in a town full of restaurants. There is a Deli and small market store attached to this restaurant but don't let that dissuade you. Once inside, it is a full restaurant experience. The vibe in the dining room itself is comfortable, cozy, and intimate with soothing music and candles. The food is prepared fresh and served hot and delicious. All meals come with a salad. We've eaten there twice in the past month and never had a wait. The eggplant rollatini is delicious! I've also had the fish special which was prepared perfectly. There are nightly specials, too. This is our new favorite for Asbury Park.

• Visited January 2014