“Nicely presented food, mildly spiced”
Review of Cubacan

Cubacan
Reserve with OpenTable
Cubacan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 123 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: New restaurant, maybe March or April of 2011
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Food is carefully prepared, quality ingredients. If you're expecting biting spiciness, it's not what you will get. Service was spotty. Had to request bread, dessert menu, etc.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Located on the south end of the Boardwalk at Ashbury Park beach, Cubacan Restaurant is a great place to try authentic Cuban Food. After spending the morning on the beach, my friend and I walked up to the outdoor seating area and were quickly escorted to a table for 2 under the shade of a large umbrella. We chose to eat outdoors so we could enjoy the beautiful ocean view.
Although some of the dishes were pricey, we opted for Frita Cubanas, which are chorizo (sausage) & beef sliders with Ensalada Rusa (Potato salad, olives, hard-boiled egg, peas & mayo) & a side of Tostones (crispy fried plaintains) with dipping sauce. The food was delicious. We really enjoyed it and we definitely plan to go there again to try some of the other items on the menu.
The service was ok. Although the waiter was very attentive to us, he was not as knowledgeable of the menu items as one would have expected. For example, we were curious to know the ingredients of the Tostones dipping sauce was made of, and he stammered out a few ingredients giving us the impression he was guessing. Also, while the other tables were getting baskets of bread upon being seated, we had to ask for some bread well into our meal. Regardless, these little annoyances did not take away from the pleasant atmosphere and the delicious meal.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

great latin-tinged food on the boardwalk at asbury park. service is really good, and despite a really busy friday and saturday evening, we were able to get in and have lunch and dinner on consecutive days. drinks are above average, food is excellent, and the service was excellent. everyone is eating, drinking, and having a good time. what a wonderful presence on the boardwalk. we will return, for sure.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

To qualify my review--I went here on a busy night (July 4th) with a large group. The service was mediocre and the food was adequate and some people in my group enjoyed their meals. I thought, however, it was not worth what we paid and I definitely had better dining experiences along the Asbury shore. The decor, however, was nice.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Four of us for dinner and we all really enjoyed our dishes, though there was one food disappointment. My husband had the ceviche trio and one of the three was the red snapper ceviche. He said he didn't care for its flavor. The other two were great though.

I do have one suggestion. Initially we were seated at a table with four chairs. When we sat, we all agreed that the chairs were ridiculously uncomfortable in that the back of the chair has an unnatural and uncomfortable recline to it forcing your butt further down and slightly off the base of the chair. When you look at the chairs, they visually appear to be just like regular chairs, but sitting in them is a different story. The hostess was very accommodating and moved us to a very comfortable booth. I watched people who were in the chairs and I could see their bodies weren't position very comfortably.