“Fairly basic Italian, well executed”

Brando's Citi Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Brando's Citi Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 123 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014

A little dark and formal after a day at the beach, but no matter. Food is fairly old-style Italian, but execution is very good and with a bit of up-to-date flair. We especially liked the lump crab + shrimp cocktail appetizer -- not blindingly original, just really good. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank Xman_7

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We celebrated my Mother in Laws Birthday at Brando"s. This was our third time there. Just a note there is no valet parking during the week. No big deal really since there were plenty of pay parking meters within 200 feet of the front door. Our party of 5 was promptly seated. We had made our reservation on Open Table. Our waiter Bob was very courteous. This being our third time back I was hoping that the restuarant lived up to my two previous visits. None of us were disapointed. My son and split the meatball appitizer. It was amazing. I enjoyed the Garlic Shrimp,my wife the scallops and my Mother in Law and Aunt had the Chicken dish. My son had the veal and raved about it. I love this place! Good service and quality food.

2  Thank BobCMiddletown
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Our party of 9 had a wonderful dinner Saturday night. Our guests from Brooklyn and Pennsylvania were delightfully surprised by the tastey appetizers (grilled octopus and shrimp and scallops specials) and the delicious entrees.. Favorites included the stuffed veal chop, scallops, spicy shrimp, halibut and meat balls with pasta.The service was good and not rushed.
The Italian cheesecake and zeppoles were excellant and the birthday candle appreciated. Pne of our favorites.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I probably don't need to add my two cents since there are already so many overwhelmingly good reviews. I chose the restaurant based on those reviews. I wish there was a "good" rating. (something above average but below very good) I thought the food was in between good and very good. The menu seemed varied and interesting. I had planned on ordering some of those interesting appetizers but then switched to a filet which was pretty good and reasonably priced for the size. Service was decent........attentive and friendly enough. (a little slow at the end when waiting for a check but not a huge deal) When we arrived we were steered to a table near the bar, which seemed louder so I requested she take us into the dining room instead. She did, and there she gave us nice seating near a window. Tasteful, cozy atmosphere. Seemed like many people might have been regulars just by the vibes. Didn't have time to try desserts as we were on our way to a concert.
Based on the 2 appetizers and one entree we had, the food and service was good enough to go back for if we lived in the area but we don't so I don't know if we would go out of our way to go there again. A bit pricy but not outrageous. I didn't find the outdoor seating appealing on the main drag.

2  Thank JLWPennington_NJUSA
Reviewed June 23, 2014

First time staying in Asbury Park and Brando's did not disappoint. Thought the food and service were very good. Portions are huge - I would split a main course next time. Would definitely go back for another meal.

1  Thank Ridgetraveler