“WATCH OUT FOR THE RUDE VALET- ALL ELSE WONDERFUL”

Brando's Citi Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Brando's Citi Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 121 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
New Jersey
“WATCH OUT FOR THE RUDE VALET- ALL ELSE WONDERFUL”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Scene:
Daughters birthday
Attendees-7
3 Generations
Arrival:
See the sign for Valet parking- figure easy- give the car to Valet
Seating for 7 with reservations:
Dinner- Served hot an tasty
Dessert- None as we celebrated with Cake at home
Check- about $62.50 each with tip and tax ~ $500.00
Departure-
Go to valet area- Keys out on rack, no one around.
Can not secured and can be taken by anyone at any time
Wait and Wait and wait-
Go back into restaurant to ask where Valet is.. they run to find him.
FAMILY STANDING ON STREET CORNER WITH SIRENS AND POLICE CARS SPEEDING TO A SCENE OR EVENT.
VERY UNCOMFORATBLE.
Find Valet- car arrives with 2 valets in my car.
Were they joy riding, smoking dope or doing something else.. not sure?
Very uncomfortable.
Ask Valet his name..says why.
Says Valet is all about waiting for a smirking smile on his face
Pete he says is his name.
Waiting till restaurant to open to discuss Piss Poor Valet experience
I will be back...
Will NOT VALET CAR WITH THEM EVER AGAIN

1 Thank brentef

Florida
“Great place for special occasions - Good filet”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I came here for my Birthday on a Friday evening. The place was packed so make sure you make reservations.

First thing I noted was that the place was loud... too loud. Me and my fiance each had the filet mignon which was very good. Perfectly cooked with lots of flavor... melt in your mouth. I still give the edge to brennens in neptune for steaks. The sides and dessert were also good.

I personally (late 20's) just didn't enjoy the atmosphere. A bit on the pricey side.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank RalphyC123
Martinsville, NJ
“Like Grandma Used to Make!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My favorite meal at Brando's is the Sunday Gravy!! Although my wife is a superb cook, I have not had Sunday Gravy like grandma's in years! Steve's Sunday Gravy is adorning his homemade pastas of which you get to choose from 5-6 different each week. Then to accompany these delicious pastas, Steve serves all the accompanying meats (meatball, sausage,bracciole,pork and more!) If you were raised on these home cooked Italian foods such as I was...... You need to try Brando"s Sunday Gravy!!!!!!! Great food , Great atmosphere and superb service!! Thank you Steve for giving a little bit of home at the shore!!!

1 Thank Rich S
New Jersey, USA
“Best of the Best!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Brando's definitely deserves its ranking as the #1 restaurant in Asbury Park! From the atmosphere to the service to the incredible food, by all means try Brando's!!! Luckily for us, zucchini blossoms were in season and offered as an appetizer and they were perfectly prepared. Then came the bountiful "Sunday Dinner" (which really tasted exactly like Mom used to make) a macaroni and gravy dish that included an Italian salad, brasciole, sausage, a huge meatball and a pork rib, and, of course, the rigatoni. Absolutely delicious and oh so authentic. Wish I had room for dessert, but I had to take half of the dinner home the portion was so enormous! I look forward to the next occasion to dine at Brando's!

Manalapan, New Jersey
“Long time regulars, not going back”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This used to be a fine place to eat and drink. Over time, we have lost respect for this restaurant. We have gotten sick from the food, I mean literally vomiting. Service has dropped to an all time low, and the menu is plain and lacks originality. The specials are often run over and over and show no effort for improvement. Week after week the same appetizers and the same fish again and again. Very rarely switching the menu shows no concern for customer's variety of choices. We are no longer going to continue eating here as it has become a low end of Asbury's dining experience. I found it extremely unprofessional of the staff to sit at the bar area and drink while guests are present. Sorry to say, you have lost a good group of customers. Brando's you have failed again!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Phyllis B
Steven B, Owner at Brando's Citi Cucina, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I would first like to apologize to my guests and future guests who have to be subjected to a phony review by a disgruntled former employee. All I can say is if it were truly a long time guest myself or my staff would know you. If you were a long time guest who ate their frequently you would say something if your meal wasn't up to par nevertheless all the time. Our specials are never the same and change each week and the popular ones are brought back because our guests ask for them. Our employees are never at the bar during business hours unless they are in the service area picking up drinks but certainly not drinking at the bar even when they are off duty. Our menu is complimented as being one of the most innovative and creative around. maintaining our Italian roots while putting our own spin on specials. Having Steaks only found in top New York Steakhouses as well as a Sunday gravy made personally by me each week.
All I will say to any potential guest is please read all the reviews and decide for yourself if this is legitimate because being number 1 on tripadvisor is accomplished through consistency and making sure every need of our guest is met. Again I apologize for even responding but I wanted my guests to know I care and felt you deserved an explanation.