“There goes Moe Green's eyeball.”

Brando's Citi Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Brando's Citi Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 125 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My teen-aged sons loved this place. We were seated near the bar where two TVs were simultaneously playing (without sound) "The Godfather" and "Goodfellas." This means you could slurp up your marinara while you watched Moe Green get it in the eye. Not a subtle place, and that goes for the food, too. The portions are immense. The veal parmigiano my sons both ordered was so big as to be kind of gross, with a bone poking over the edge of the plate ("How about we spin that plate around so you aren't impaled?" suggested sons' dad.) It also looked too heavily breaded to me. I had rigatoni bolognese. It was delicious. But there was too much of it! Service is just so-so.

2  Thank Cluttermom

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The meals here will rival most high end eateries in Downtown NYC. The prices are reasonable and the service is great. I've been here 5 times and each meal has been outstanding.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I love love love this restaurant. Meals all around are delicious! Even Sunday Gravy is definitely worth a try!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Four of us ate here for dinner and enjoyed it thoroughly. For appetizers, we shared the golden beet salad and beggar's purses featured on the regular menu and the gorgonzola stuffed figs wrapped in proscuitto and a veal stuffed agnolotti featured as daily specials. The beggar's purses were good and the remaining three were excellent! For entrees, we had the rigatoni Bolognese, veal parm ( pounded thin and still on the bone), hangar steak and veal Milanese. All were excellent and are highly recommended. For dessert, we had the sorbet trio, zeppoles, and tiramisu. All were excellent but I think we all especially enjoyed the zeppoles. Service was very professional and the meal was well paced. The noise level is moderate when the restaurant was full, we were seated at the front corner table in the main dining room. We look forward to a repeat visit very soon. Check was $277 for four with three courses, 1 bottle of wine, 4 pre-dinner drinks and 2 coffees. Does not include gratuity.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My friends and I were amazed at what a great job everyone did at brandos for our party. We had our own room and the whole party was amazing. Food drinks and staff all were fantastic. Special thanks to Susan and Regina